Thread: Accessing CichlidGallery.com as a Member

Default Accessing CichlidGallery.com as a Member

To upload and display images at cichlidgallery.com, any member of The Cichlid Forums need only send a password request via PM to Glaive.

Once logged on, you'll see a self-explanatory menu (e.g., "add photos"). Should you nevertheless have problems, however, please let us know.

If you want your photo (as opposed to the text link) to show up here, follow this syntax (but without the spaces I'm placing)

htt p: // www. cichlidgallery.com/albums/name of your album/name of specific photo.sized.jpg

Be sure to enclose within the IMG tags

Please use the "sized," unless your photo is no wider than 600 pixels. (You can also adjust the pixels at the gallery site.)

The only "rules" guiding the gallery site are that the disk space and bandwidth be used in good faith, that the uploaded images be your own, and that each image be accompanied by descriptive text: Please let your visitors know what they're viewing.

Thanks

The only thing I can't figure out is how you guys list your email address after the "owner:" text

Kevin

Hi Kevin

You'll find the e-mail field under "preferences."

Default Spam Warning: Email Harvesters

A general addendum to my email post:

It occurs to me that some users may not know about "email harvesters," hence this warning about publishing email addresses on the gallery site (or here). These "spam bots" crawl web pages, gathering "readable" e-mail addresses. Their work then goes into a spammer's database. The best way to avoid becoming a target of (more) spam is, of course, to not publish your address. But if you choose to publish it, you can place spaces between the @ and the user/server names (tom @ cichlidforums.com), or better yet, write "tom-at-cichlidforums.com".

E-mail addresses in the Cichlid Forums database are protected from such harvesters; those published (i.e., visible) on any given page, here or on the gallery site, are not.