Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: So how does everyone aquascape?

This next is of the 40g divided tank. This is a temporary home for my new baby oscar and my very mean blood parrot (hence the divider).
    Just so everyone knows, I already have a 75g for the oscar I just have to set it up...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40g9-6small.jpg 
Views:	566 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	7106  

This is my 55g so called "reef tank". It's been on the decline since the hurricanes of 2004 which took out all my corals, and most of the fish. Had a problem with hair algae not too long ago and I ended up taking most of the live rock out and well, this is what's left! Fish include small niger trigger, two ocellaris clowns, one pj cardinal and one yellow tailed blue damsel. Inverts include crocrea clam, button polyps, green star polyps, flower anemone, reef lobster, peppermint shrimp, three blue legged hermit crabs and six large turbo snails, one urchin.
    I had to use the roman arches to get the clam closer to the lights...

Name:	55g8-27#1small.jpg 
Views:	579 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	7107  

This is the last pic! I don't have any of the temporary 10g which is holding my red tailed shark. Anyway, this is of the 75g saltwater fish only tank. Fake decor. Fish include picasso trigger, two three striped damsels and a yellow tang.

Name:	75g8-27small.jpg 
Views:	537 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	7108  

I_love_my_cichlid wrote:
    That bamboo stuff is fantastic! I love it!

Thanks!

Default Nothing compared to Watermama

I am almost embarrassed to show this picture after seeing Watermama's beautiful tanks. Unfortunately our Cichlid is a minimalist, destroys everything he does not approve of, and prefers everything to be stacked to the left hand side of the tank. Oh well ... as long as he is happy.

Name:	hunkytank.jpg 
Views:	605 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	7109  
    Love me, Love my fish.

I like it!! I hate to say it but I don't know what kind of cichlid that is, I don't think I've ever seen one quite like him...he's gorgeous!!!

Oh and BTW if anyone wants to give me ideas for a 75g oscar tank I'd appreciate it!!

He is a bit of a spunk isn't he. We think he is a Vieja Fenestratus common name Window Cichlid. Your tanks are so fab. Lots of insperation for the future. You have become my tank guru. haha
    Love me, Love my fish.

i love my cichlid, i think your tank looks just fine! it is very unique the way he stacked all the gravel to one side... my oscars wont leave anything alone in their tank... they uprooted all their plants and the bubble curtain is only stuck with one suction cup because they pulled up the other. they even moved the slate around so that one piece is now overlapping the bubble curtain and makes the bubbles go up it...

watermama, you have beautiful tanks.. we will design oscar tanks together because i am upgrading my babies... i want to go for a more natural looking tank with lower lighting... oh and your angel tank is the exact picture of what i wanted to do with my angel... he is going to be upgraded to a 29g and i was thinking about bamboo. can you give me any pointers on it?
    <3 Kitty

here is my 55 set up the way I want it ..........for now

I have pool filter sand and river rock in it and I'm planning on getting a plaing background soon , the blue is not cutting it.

1 Synodontis catfish
    1 common pleco
    1 Pseudotropheus demasoni
    3 Metriaclima lombardoi
    2 Metriaclima Estherae (Red Zebra)
    2 Pseudotropheus Socolofil albino (juvies)
    4 Labidochromis Caeruleus (yellow lab)

Thanks for the kind words everyone!!

MisanthropeKitty, the bamboo was easy. I bought it at PetSmart!! They're fake and they are in groupings of three except for the very smallest which is a single piece. Three different sizes you can buy. I have 4 of the biggest, 3 medium and one small one. The leafy plants at the top were bought online from Drs. Foster and Smith as at the time I couldn't find it anywhere else (although recently I found it at one of the stores I don't go to often...oh well).

I_love_my_cichlid, your fish is a real looker and even after you've given me the name I still haven't heard of it but WOW!!! Quite a fish there.....

awesome and to think i just left petsmart not too long ago lol... i didnt realize they were fake! the plants at the top are the suction cup kind right? they make the tank look more closed in i like that.

this is my tank right after i remodeled... things look slightly different now since the cichlids have moved some things around.

<3 Kitty

Originally posted by watermama
    This is my 55g so called "reef tank". It's been on the decline since the hurricanes of 2004 which took out all my corals, and most of the fish. Had a problem with hair algae not too long ago and I ended up taking most of the live rock out and well, this is what's left! Fish include small niger trigger, two ocellaris clowns, one pj cardinal and one yellow tailed blue damsel. Inverts include crocrea clam, button polyps, green star polyps, flower anemone, reef lobster, peppermint shrimp, three blue legged hermit crabs and six large turbo snails, one urchin.
    I had to use the roman arches to get the clam closer to the lights...
    I don't know how you get your Niger to ignore the shrimp, crabs, and coral - but way to go.

Default Re: My 6 ft setup

Originally posted by nobsta
    This is my set up 6x2x2, wet dry sump. I made the stand myself out of solid timber.

2 Plecos
    5 Scat
    2 Green Terror m/f
    1 Petenia Slendida
    1 Red Devil
    2 Texas
    1 Destructor Cray

All living in harmony
    STUNNING - Very clean and sharp. what kind of construction is that tank?

i think i got all of my tanks on here but one...

this is my yellow bellied slider... he is a fatty!

this is a fire belly toad.

my future N. multifasciatus tank... if i ever get some money... right now there are guppies in it.

this is the tank that the bream i caught lives in... it looks dirty because there is lake water in the tank...

My angelfish and the immortal tetra.

And last but not least the oscars! Notice their uprooted plants, the uprooted bubbler, and the scheming looks on their faces!!
    <3 Kitty

Cute pics MisanthropeKitty!

Ocdreamin wrote:
    I don't know how you get your Niger to ignore the shrimp, crabs, and coral - but way to go.

That niger is the biggest wimp you've ever seen! It's scared to death of the shrimp and the uchin it just avoids like crazy! One time it swam right over the clam and the clam spit water at it and now the trigger won't go over on that side of the tank!!