Thread: Destination 75

Default Destination 75

Hi All,

In the planning stages here, was going to go Discus, but decided timing is not right for them. So, I decided to go with a low tech planted 75 with the following stock list:

Thoughts or Additions are wanted, expected, and welcomed

Aequidens pulcher 1 Pair
    Boesemani Rainbow (Melanotaenia boesemani) 5
    Gold Barbs 10
    Albino Corys 6

Planning PFS for Substrate with the plants being in pots or cut down clear soda bottles with eco complete.

Tank is reef ready, with an over sized wet-dry, designed for a 90 to 125. Will be upgrading to a 2 - 4 bulb T5 ho unit or led. Not sure which yet???????????

Hey, hey you! Yes you mister! You better be posting every step you make cuz I am at an utter loss with this whole planted tank thing... Are you planning low or high tech? From what I have learned, watts per gallon is not a factor for leds, instead you would want to got for the PAR reading. Ill have to find the link and I'll edit it in here. What plants are you wanting and do you have a supplier because I might want to steal some :p I have a link for a diy co2 set, but no idea if it will be beefy enough for a 75 monster though
    ~Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning how to dance in the rain~

Got it Ma'am, every step

Actually been lurking over at mfk trying to locate a source for the pair of Acaras that way I don't have to rehome 4 after hopefully getting a pair out of the 6 I would have to buy. Any way, got a suggestion giving to me to use Pothos, philodendrons, etc for the tank, that way only the roots are hanging in the tank giving it that kind of bio-type look of a riverbank in SA.

The barbs are probably going to be scrapped in favor of some different tetra's and a school of scissor tails maybe.

But will keep this updated

Any updates? Any fish yet? I'm just now myself returning to the hobby with a huge african tank. Will post soon about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cichgirl View Post
    I saw a bionic kenyi with carnivorous dental implants. It was terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Any updates? Any fish yet? I'm just now myself returning to the hobby with a huge african tank. Will post soon about it.
    Alright I'll bite... at least give us a teaser, like how huge will this tank be?

Great to see you back Mac!

Hey Mac and Dog,

Nothing new yet, switched jobs so I've had to postpone fish purchase temporarily, not to far out though.

Any idea where I could source/find a pair of Blue Acaras, don't want electric blues, just the blue.