Thread: Hello from retirement!

Default Hello from retirement!

It has been a while... How has everyone been?

I've had some serious changes in my life, and I am sad to report that RockHaven is temporarily out of commission as the Top Frame support have cracked....The manufacturer is out of business so I am struggling with repairs. Anyways, Its nice to see the place running along smooth.... Hopefully I can stop back more often!

Cheers!
    Rusty!
    "Cichlids aren't aggressive, they are territorial. Aggression is a response to inadequate territory for their breeding and feeding needs."

"A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

My Tanks

Hey Steve, great to hear from you! It's been rather quiet on the forum for some time now, but various members do seem to step in and take turns keeping the activity going. My own visits come and go in bursts - we've all got priorities to balance after all. It'd be great to see you around again though.

By top frame support I assume you mean the cross-brace that keeps the glass from bowing? That's a tricky one to DIY I'd think. No ideas come to mind.

3. Default

For my tanks I use thick acrylic for center braces and silicone them in or on top of where brace was
    Using Tapatalk

Anthony, do you have pics and/or a more detailed description of how you solved this? Ime silicone does not bond strongly to acrylic - whatever you've rigged up may I assume the bracing force is not dependent on that bond?

Rusty, not meaning to hijack - all you did was say hello and you've already got an interesting subject started. We missed you .

5. Default

Sorry it's not acylic all my tanks are glass and it tends to hold my 135g from bowing and I had a center brace that was snapped in the middle and I just later the piece over it and it helped support the brace I'll take pics tomorrow
    Using Tapatalk

yo Rusty! Hope to see you around more!

Good to hear from you Rusty