Thread: Hello, I am back again :)

Default Hello, I am back again :)

After possibly a year with out having another cichlid i decided i'd buy a second hand fish tank and what this fish tank came with was a steal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150111_114018[1].jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	23761

I got all of these beautiful cichlids and a few cat fish as well as the tank for $300 the tank is 4 feet with a custom designed cabinet. I am quite pleased with this tank.

I have bought two different lights to use but right now just a led strip light 49.99 on ebay is the brightest by far which is a downfall since the light i bought from the pet shop for $100 is a lot better and has replaceable LED Pods. (LED Track Lighting).

Right now my fish tank has 2 internal filters and a external filter aswell as a pump to push water around. I have rigged one of the internal filters to push its water into a hose which leads up and around the top of the tank which then poors the water back into the tank so it will allow the fishes to breath and the water will not have to have excessive bubbles causing damage to my cabinet in the heat we have here in australia.

My canister filter came with the tank and runs bio balls etc and has a uv light. I have one living log in the tank which has a few plants most of them have been pulled by the cichlid and i have just placed the plucked in my other smaller tank on the left side of this tank.

The image above is deffinately a older image i took everything out and redesigned my look and changed things. and added more.

looks nice eskemo ,congradulations should bring a lot of viewing pleasure
    125 gallon male aulonocara peacocks
    125 gallon male haps.
    90 gallon grow out tank
    90 gallon demasoni,cyno,afra,hongi srt.
    90 gallon planted apisto.tank
    2-10 gallon med. quarintine tanks

THE ONLY TIME YOU SHOULD LOOK DOWN ON SOMEONE IS WHEN YOUR HELPING THEM UP !!!!!!

Unfortunately,

My convict is fighting with my flame back. would they be fighting because of breeding?

I would doubt that its because of breeding ,convict cichlids are a highly agressive fish ,from central america ,and i asume your talking about the kyoga flameback which is an african cichlid ,its more probable just agressive behaviour !!!!
    125 gallon male aulonocara peacocks
    125 gallon male haps.
    90 gallon grow out tank
    90 gallon demasoni,cyno,afra,hongi srt.
    90 gallon planted apisto.tank
    2-10 gallon med. quarintine tanks

THE ONLY TIME YOU SHOULD LOOK DOWN ON SOMEONE IS WHEN YOUR HELPING THEM UP !!!!!!