Thread: still alive!

Default still alive!

saying hi, starting to get life back to normal

late 2013 was working lots and lots, pregnant with our second child. The house we were renting was sold, we thought all was ok, but then the new owner did nit get the title straightened out. At the same time, early January 2014 we contracted to buy a house. Well, we got evicted, I had to give away all my fish, managed to save a few tanks, but not many, only my 5 big ones. We lived at my mom's for a month while closing on the new house, we had one tank running to keep our Mbu puffer, my juvie Duboise colony and all my catfish alive and the outlet shorted one night-everything died. I absolutely was devastated. Got the tank running again, all filters ok, so i bought a young colony of Tropheus Ilangis-well the next day, my mom's garden boy sprayed weed killer in the garage by accident and killed all those fish. So I gave up on fish for a bit. We moved into the new house, 5 days later our second son was born via C section, 2 weeks later I was back at work.

I worked like a maniac all through summer, the baby is now crawling, and I have one tank up and cycling with some Oscars in it that were given to me(it's a 180, so no one freak out!).

Anyway, I'll start coming around again!

my sig says it all eh?

just kidding...;)
    welcome back and glad everything is getting back to normal and congrats on new baby
    "other than that, how was the play mrs. lincoln?"

Great to see you back again! Sounds like quite a rough time you had, certainly insofar as keeping fish goes... you're not one of those gung-ho today and gone tomorrow fishkeepers though - I'm pretty sure the hobby will be part of your life whenever you can fit it in. But life does have a way (many in fact) of getting in the way for periods of time (sometimes extended periods).

PS: congrats on your 2nd child.

I have a tank running again, cycled and broke in. The 125 is up with 3 small oscars, some parrots(my 2 year old likes them), and some clown loaches. In the spring they'll move to the 180 to cycle it, I want to round up some young wild frontossa and a Mbu to start in the 125...the loaches and parrots will go to a friend after the 180 is cycled and I'm ready to start some Trophs