Thread: exploding fish?

Default exploding fish?

Ok, every where i have read there is nothing. they say it was an attack but I know it was not. yesterday My fish had a swollen stomach more so to one side that the other. Today i was watching this fish some ans seen a milky cloud suddenly appear on the other side of the fish. When i went over to the tank the stomach was no longer swollen and there was a hole in the fish's side. does any one know the reason for this my water parameters are all ok this tank has been cycled for well over a year and i do water change 25% 2 times a week filter 2 times a month i have another fish in the tank an albino cichlid and its a little bigger and looks just fine. this fish is still alive too with a hole in its stomach. I keep trying to post a pic but says image is invalid i even changed to gif still wont work.

Have you tried uploading the picture as a jpg picture?

Sorry to hear about the fish issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dBuster2008 View Post
    Have you tried uploading the picture as a jpg picture?

Sorry to hear about the fish issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Yes I tried everything to upload a pic

Pictures are not uploading directly to the forum right now, if you upload it to a photo sharing site like Flickr you can link the image, I think.

Your problem sounds like a parasite, there are certain types that will grow inside the fish and then bore their way out. That leaves the other fish in your tank at risk if you don't treat the tank. I don't know what the best treatment would be, the name is on the tip of my tongue but I can't quite remember.
    Happiness may be the door to Heaven,
    But Pleasure is not the Key.

Yep, Sounds like internal parasites. There are a number of treatments. Metronidazole and praziquantel should work well. Just make to to follow the directions and lots of water changes.