Thread: spectacular male metriclima estherae

Default spectacular male metriclima estherae

Merry Christmas all! I know Red zebras are common, but this 2 1/2" male has such striking coloration I had to share! This is one (of many) i've raised. He's trying to breed with any female he can, ha ha.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131223_190030.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	23333  
    75: 7 metriaclima estherae, 3 pseudotropheus socolofi, 2 sciaenochromis fryeri, 2 hemichromis lafalilli, 2 OB peacocks.
    55: 7 pseudotropheus demasoni, 8 labidochromis caeruleus.
    20: 9 Pundamillia nyereri. 20: p. socolofi, l. caeruleus, s. fryeri juveniles. 10: l. caeruleus fry

Oh My goodness..........Gorgeous Fish!!!!!!! Nice picture taking here!!!!! You would win a contest if we had the photography contest going. Julie A+++
    WATER CHANGE/WATER CHANGE/WATER CHANGE <~~~ My Mantra!

Thanks Julie. Not bad for a phone pic huh?
    75: 7 metriaclima estherae, 3 pseudotropheus socolofi, 2 sciaenochromis fryeri, 2 hemichromis lafalilli, 2 OB peacocks.
    20: 9 Pundamillia nyereri. 20: p. socolofi, l. caeruleus, s. fryeri juveniles. 10: l. caeruleus fry

Not bad at all .......my phone takes pretty good pictures too! They sure have come along way haven't they? Keep em coming. J
    WATER CHANGE/WATER CHANGE/WATER CHANGE <~~~ My Mantra!

Amazing how quickly they grow. I remember the other day that you posted on the female holding him. Feels like yesterday. Now he wants to reproduce. Hectic. what did you fed the batch of fry?
    Mbuna Addicted

He is a impressive fellow. Always enjoy seeing others fish. Hmmm would be fun to have a show'n'tell with pictures of our fav's and fancy fish friends!
    There is something new to be learned everyday as long as we are open minded

Thanks folks. Snailos, crushed cichlid flakes and then supplemented with hikari cichlid pellets as they got bigger.

Thanks Man. Have heard of Hikari before. They are not available here in South Africa. A friend of mine breeds with peacocks and he feeds his babies a mix specially made for Peacock breeders in Germany. kewl stuff.
    Mbuna Addicted

Snailos can you order stuff online? Or is shipping too expensive?

BTW, when I tore my 75 gal tank down the other day for a thorough cleaning, I was surprised to find a baby hiding in the rocks! A little 3/4" (@2cm) yellow lab in a tank with adult fish up to 5" long! So I rescued the little fellow since I had taken his cover away and threw him in my 10 gal tank with Vic babies the same size.
    Last edited by merlin; 12-27-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    Snailos can you order stuff online? Or is shipping too expensive?

BTW, when I tore my 75 gal tank down the other day for a thorough cleaning, I was surprised to find a baby hiding in the rocks! A little 3/4" (@2cm) yellow lab in a tank with adult fish up to 5" long! So I rescued the little fellow since I had taken his cover away and threw him in my 10 gal tank with Vic babies the same size.
    Order online. Not available in South Africa. Air freight but no Shipping. Same going on here with the fry. I have 2 female Personotos's and 1 female Callainos holding and cannot wait for them to spit as I want to observe how the predators will react and how much will survive. There are allot of nooks and crannies so they will have a chance to survive given the fact that they must not venture out. lol
    Mbuna Addicted

This is a real nice zebra. I had one that was about 3 1/2 long that was stunning as well. He ended up getting killed by another one of my fish. Miss him. But these fish can be very gorgeous. Especially sometimes under color enhancing lights. (brings out the orange and blue and they look less pale).
    60 gallon all male mbuna tank: [I]1x Labidochromis sp. "Hongi", 1x Labidochromis caeruleus, 1x Metriaclima sp "Zebra Blue", 1x Metriaclima estherae OB, 1x Metriaclima greshakei, 1x Metriaclima greshakei albino, 1x Pseudotropheus sp. "Acei", 1x Pseudotropheus sp. "Elongatus Ornatus", 1x Melanochromis Maingano, 1x Labeotropheus fuelleborni, 1x unidentified mbuna, 1x Synodontis eruptus, 1x juliochromis transcriptus

20 gallon community tank: 1 pair Kribensis and 5 Long finned Serpae Tetras.

Beautiful fish Merlin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Reynoldsburg, Ohio