Thread: Silicone Cure Time.

1. Default Silicone Cure Time.

Unfortunately I had to reseal my 55 due to a slow leak. I applied the silicone 12 hours ago and from my understanding it takes 48hrs or until the vinegar smell is gone. Which it is. My room is VERY hot. Is it possible that it cut the curing time down? I should still wait 48 hrs just incase right?

Do they have a diagnosis for aquarium addiction?
    Using Tapatalk

24hr's is what I will wait for. I won't push it. If you want to you can fill her up to test. But if it was me I would rather wait the 24hr's.
    Mbuna Addicted

I assume you removed the old silicon from the seams. If so wait at least 24 hrs. I wait 48 to be sure. Silicon doesn't dry it cures.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Heyguy74 View Post
    I assume you removed the old silicon from the seams. If so wait at least 24 hrs. I wait 48 to be sure. Silicon doesn't dry it cures.
    Yup. That's why I didn't use the word dry lol. Wait I shall. This is a test of my patience for sure.

Do they have a diagnosis for aquarium addiction?
    Using Tapatalk

So your time is up. Are you filling her up?
    Mbuna Addicted

Don't rush it!!!!!!!!! What's the big hurry lol. I hope you did a good job prepping it, it not it will let you know soon enuf! Good Luck! Julia
    WATER CHANGE/WATER CHANGE/WATER CHANGE <~~~ My Mantra!

Default Silicone Cure Time.

Quote Originally Posted by PhishNFilly View Post
    Don't rush it!!!!!!!!! What's the big hurry lol. I hope you did a good job prepping it, it not it will let you know soon enuf! Good Luck! Julia
    Sorry Julia. She just had mentioned on another Forum that her 24 hours is over.
    Mbuna Addicted

8. Default

Yes, it's filled, running and has cichlids.

Is there a diagnosis for aquarium addiction?
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLady View Post
    Yes, it's filled, running and has cichlids.

Congratulations.

So which forum do you prefer or like the most the African Cichlid Hub or this Forum?
    Mbuna Addicted

10. Default

Oh wow SNAILOS. I thought I was going crazy when I seen your name on 2 forums. I haven't been on long enough to say.

Using Tapatalk

11. Default

Which one do you like better?

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLady View Post
    Which one do you like better?

CichlidForums.com always. This was the first Forum I did subscribed to. And it has the best advice and most friendly people that does not judge your tank the way it looks or what you decide to do eventually. I am subscribed to allot of Forums but this Forum just takes the cake. O yea and the best part of all the people on here do not judge the way your fish looks because for the sole reason that it is not wild or F1. On other forums it is like if you do not have wilds or F1 but tank bred then you are not part of the Forum at all. So Yes this forum is the best for me or one of the best Forums on the web for others.
    Mbuna Addicted

13. Default

I don't like when people turn a hobby into something that shows off their money rather than having fun. It's fun to show off your fish, yes, but don't put others down while doing so. "Oh I have an OB F1 so it's better than yours" I know exactly what you mean. There's groups like that on FB. I joined a wild one called...well I don't know if I can put it because they're curse words lol.

Using Tapatalk