these r pics of my tiny fish farm....
Methods adopted :
-outdoor plastic tubs with a container loaded with garden soil
stuffed with aquatic plants placed in the center
- water hyacinth/water lettuce
- water level approximately 7 inches
- no pH,hardness test kit whatsoever
-murky ie greenish/brownish water
- water changes - occassional to frequent depending on fries'
size and growth rate
- choose your desired pair,don't wait for them to pair up
-no infusoria culture, fine powder food,egg yolk etc
- a little dose of daphnia a few days after fries are free
these may not be the best approach but they have repeatedly produce better results ie lower mortality rate...
i would say most adults have better coloration and body shape...however the fries of the same batch seldom exihibit uniform growth...
primitive methods, low-tech ,too simple? try it and it may well work for u...make each spawn a success....
happy ram farming,