Thread: How to promote algae

Default How to promote algae

I have a 55g RLC tank and a 10g planted tank. In my planted tank I always have a little algae problem due to the intensity of the lights but I can never dose fertilizers because the plants die back and the algae goes into overdrive. My 55g has only been running with fish in since today. I built a 3D background and I'm not especially find of how the colors of it clash with the rest of the tank. So I was wondering if adding my planted tank fertilizers to a non planted tnk would give the algae I want a little kick start
    10 gallon - pelvicachromis pulcher, cryptocoryne wendtii, rotala indica, anubias nana.

45 gallon - labidochromis caeruleus, iodotropheus sprengarae, bristlenose plecosthumus, paralabidochromis chromogynos piebald.

It sounds like it probably would, also, maybe put a grow light on that tank.

I don't really have the money for a grow light and I also have nowhere to hang it. I'm using a 36" light on my 48" tank as is. It has adjustable legs. But I can't afford a proper light yet. I already have my timers set for 7am-10pm so it's getting tons of light which will cause algae I just want a lot of it and quickly lol. It's funny I used to he the guy that cleaned every square inch of glass weekly because I HATED algae. Now I just keep the front glass clean. And maybe monthly
    10 gallon - pelvicachromis pulcher, cryptocoryne wendtii, rotala indica, anubias nana.

45 gallon - labidochromis caeruleus, iodotropheus sprengarae, bristlenose plecosthumus, paralabidochromis chromogynos piebald.