Thread: Synodontis Multipunctatus food/diet

Smile Synodontis Multipunctatus food/diet

What is recommended to feed to these guys? I feed my peacocks and haps NLS cichlid formula mixed with a little bit of NLS grow formula alternated with Ken's veggie flake. I've read that they do just fine on this... is that accurate? Is this sufficient for the synos? Should I get any other type of food or supplement?

Thanks.
    125G: Fluval FX5 & 406; Aquaclear 110

P. Fire Hap (Super Red Empress); 2 A. stuartgranti "Rubescens"; P. Insignis Spilonotus Tanzania Blue Gold; P. Marginatus (Turquoise Hap); A. stuartgranti "Ngara Flametail"; A. jacobfreibergi Undu Reef "Lemon Jake"; L. Caeruleus (Yellow Lab); A. Hueseri (Midnight); A. Sp. Yellow Head Nkhata; A. Latifasciata (Zebra Obliquidens); A. Eureka Red Otter Point (orange); A. Eureka Red split gene (red & blue); A. Jacobfreibergi Cape Kaiser

They'll be fine with what your feeding your cichlids with. If you want to give them a treat. Feed they some mysis or brine shrimp after the lights are out. They'll find the food in the dark.
    Last edited by Heyguy74; 03-19-2013 at 01:04 PM.

Thanks Heyguy. How often should I feed them brine shrimp? I feed the cichlids 3X a day.

P. Fire Hap (Super Red Empress); 2 A. stuartgranti "Rubescens"; P. Insignis Spilonotus Tanzania Blue Gold; P. Marginatus (Turquoise Hap); A. stuartgranti "Ngara Flametail"; A. jacobfreibergi Undu Reef "Lemon Jake"; L. Caeruleus (Yellow Lab); A. Hueseri (Midnight); A. Sp. Yellow Head Nkhata; A. Latifasciata (Zebra Obliquidens); A. Eureka Red Otter Point (orange); A. Eureka Red split gene (red & blue); A. Jacobfreibergi Cape Kaiser

Only once or twice a week. Just some extra rpotein to get the females ready to breed.

Ok great thanks speaking of females... I am having a hard time distinguishing their genders. I just got them last Friday night so they are still very timid and are not coming out unless it's night and the lights are out.

But from what I can see, they all look the same underneath. I don't see any papilla (hard to tell if they are pointed or round), and their pectoral fins are very similar (i know males have taller ones than the females)--hard to tell what sexes they are just yet.

In terms of size, they are about 2" - 2.5"... one is a little larger. Tried to find out their age and the store did not know.

Any advice on when I will be able to sex them? It doesn't seem that they are sexually mature yet. What size typically are they when this occurs?

Thanks again.

most articles say 3 inch is when they are willing to start breeding.