Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The new project 265g 7ft tank/office

I'm super happy with how it's coming out bud thats for sure. Once it is all done I'll take a video of it and share so the true colors and shimmer and all will show.

looking amazing steve ,have you thought of the stocking list? i bet you can get some incredible looking cats in there also !!!!
    125 gallon male aulonocara peacocks
    125 gallon male haps.
    90 gallon grow out tank
    90 gallon demasoni,cyno,afra,hongi srt.
    90 gallon planted apisto.tank
    2-10 gallon med. quarintine tanks

THE ONLY TIME YOU SHOULD LOOK DOWN ON SOMEONE IS WHEN YOUR HELPING THEM UP !!!!!!

That's gonna be one heck of an office, Awesome!
    Later, Boilermaker

Quote Originally Posted by geneyes View Post
    looking amazing steve ,have you thought of the stocking list? i bet you can get some incredible looking cats in there also !!!!
    Mostly some of the more aggressive haps and larger peacocks. So far I already have a 10" Champsochromis, 7" Dimidiochromis compressiceps, 7" German Red, 10" Venestus, six clown loaches between 4"-5.5", and a group of about 10" Syno cats between 5"-7".

Setting up the water storage containers/area now. Have the first of two 42 gallon storage containers set up with bubbler and heater to off gas and preheat the water which should give me the ability to change about 30% water from these two containers.

Also set up the filters with established media in the form of matrix media, bio rings and floss the other day, and added 24oz of Smart Start Complete as a little extra safe guard so plan to start SLOWLY stocking later today. It'll be a solid month 6-8 weeks of stocking so that I don't add too much to the bio load at once, but the first few inhabitants will be going in later this evening.

Dig, Look forward the update later today or tomorrow. Happy New Year.

First batch of stocking is complete. In this first round of stock there are-

6" OB
    4" yellow lab x2
    5" Yellow tail Acei
    5" Williamsi North (Blue lip)
    4" to 6" Synodontis multipunctatus x 6
    5" to 7" Synodontis eupterus x3

8. Default

Very nice love the synos.
    Using Tapatalk

Had four Hydor 1" LED spotlights leftover from another project so decided to put them to good use by mounting them in the ceiling so that they light up sections of the rock wall to give a nice dramatic lighting effect for evening viewing

Awesome job Steve, keep it up and keep us posted

Spent the past few days finishing up the 265g tank. I will still be stocking a ton more fish slowly over the next couple months but I have finally finished up the tank and room itself. Stocked the 10" Venestus as well as 11" Champsochromis today. I didn't plan on adding them so soon but because of moving other fish in the other tanks they were getting pretty aggressive so I had to move them to the big tank. I'll just have to stay on top of daily water changes for the next few weeks since I added them now.

Some of the last things I finished over the past few days were finished up all the lighting work, and finished up the jungle/rock wall. I had some wood limbs that I had been drying for awhile out back which I stripped of bark and cut to fit into the wall so it looks like the branches are coming out of the wall and going into the ceiling as well as side wall. Added moss, vines and leaves and now have the full effect I wanted.

Once I get a chance I'll take some video and upload to show the fish better as well as to show the nice shimmer the big LED spotlighting gives off, but here's some finished pics for now. Nearly two years of work but well worth it now that it is finally finished!

I'm so envious, damn fine job, looks way passed scary cool.

Just got around to making a short couple min vid of the 265g aquarium as well as a brief tour around the work shop and office where the tank is located

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZkS...ature=youtu.be

Been working on a way to add a realistic thunderstorm to the big tank with lightning that flashes in sync with thunder. This is the first test run using an MP3 player with storm sound fx ran in a loop wired into a device called an Apollo Jammer which DJ's use for light shows. Also has speakers plugged into the splitter of the Apollo Jammer for full sound to go along with the flashes. First bench test run https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChcA...ature=youtu.be

Hey steve ive got the usa current satelite leds on my tanks with the lightning feature and i have only used it once it absolutely freaks my fish out there slamming into the sides of the tank and hitting the top , but my africans cant stand it ,i also have it on my 90 gallon apisto tank ,i dont know if its the plants but they dont seem as skiddish with them on ,maybe if you can dim them a little it might help !!!, just wanted to share my experiance with them on my 125 gallon african tank ,
    125 gallon male aulonocara peacocks
    125 gallon male haps.
    90 gallon grow out tank
    90 gallon demasoni,cyno,afra,hongi srt.
    90 gallon planted apisto.tank
    2-10 gallon med. quarintine tanks

THE ONLY TIME YOU SHOULD LOOK DOWN ON SOMEONE IS WHEN YOUR HELPING THEM UP !!!!!!