1-Royal Pleco
    2 - Pictus Catfish

125 Gal
    Tropical Community tank
    2 - Pictus Catfish
    1-Synodontis Eupterus
    1-Synodontis Catfish
    2-Marble Plecos

Ordered the 8 liters of Matrix media over the weekend. Set up the pair of FX5 filters this evening with the dual inline hydor 300w heaters mounted where they will be going so was able to take all the measurements for how much hose I need to plumb everything. Will be hitting the local Lowes to pick up the pvc and elbows so I can build the pair of spray bars tomorrow. Should have everything ready very soon now. Getting real close to being time to fill it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_C View Post
    Ordered the 8 liters of Matrix media over the weekend. Set up the pair of FX5 filters this evening with the dual inline hydor 300w heaters mounted where they will be going so was able to take all the measurements for how much hose I need to plumb everything. Will be hitting the local Lowes to pick up the pvc and elbows so I can build the pair of spray bars tomorrow. Should have everything ready very soon now. Getting real close to being time to fill it soon.
    Just cannot wait anymore. Been following this thread for a while now.
    Mbuna Addicted

here's a few pics from the FUN night tonight.....

Starting to fill the tank up.....

Getting there (yippie!)...

Aftermath and carnage...

And here's what the complete disheartening feeling of watching almost exactly a year's worth of hard work, sweat and money literally go right down the drain looks like...

I had leak tested it a few months ago but for some reason right as it was 98% full tonight it started leaking from the lower RF corner

But hey on the good side, thing's couldn't possibly get any worse!

Sorry Steve, at least you caught it before there were cichlids in there.
    125g- Labidochromis caerulous, Sciaenochromis fryeri Maleri Island, Protomelas Taeniolatus Male, Cynotilapia Sp. Gallireya Reef (White Top Hara) W/C + F1

40g- Oblique zebras

20g long- ocellatus "gold", calvus "white" Chaitika

Just one little bolt or nut then you are finished. still is on my list of top DIY job on the net.
    Mbuna Addicted

Well I told myself I was not going to go back down and mess with it tonight, but my personality is the type that there's just no way I can rest or sleep knowing I have a problem like not knowing if I am gonna be able to save the background waiting for me in the morning. So I went back down and spent the last couple hours working on it till about 3am.

Needed to use something sharp and flexible to get behind the background without doing much damage to it so pretty much used these. Most the damage was to my hands, but that's okay as long as the background is safe lol

And after 2+hrs of lifting heavy rocks, scooping sand, cutting, prying, sawing and cutting my hands to pieces........BAZINGA!

Empty tank again. And all five pieces of the background are safe and undamaged in the other room now. There is obviously a TON of scraping silicone to be done now. And once all the silicone from the background is scraped off then I will have to remove all the silicone from the seals in the tank, then decide if I am going to tackle sealing it myself or hire someone. Even though it was two steps back earlier tonight, at least now it's a step forward with being able to save the background and get all the stuff out of the tank without damage.

Silicone scraping party at Steve's tomorrow your all invited ....it's BYORB (bring your own razor blade)

Man that sucks.
    75 Gal
    1-Yellow Lab
    2-Blue Acei
    3-Blue Zebras
    5-Metriaclima Zebra (OB)
    lots of "Hybrids"
    1-Royal Pleco
    2 - Pictus Catfish

125 Gal
    Tropical Community tank
    2 - Pictus Catfish
    1-Synodontis Eupterus
    1-Synodontis Catfish
    2-Marble Plecos

Wow that's quick Mate. Nice Job. The background looks Boss. So glad you could have saved it.
    Mbuna Addicted

Wow that's quick Mate
    Yeah when I have a problem I think putting it off just makes things worse. I find the quicker you work towards fixing something the less stress it causes you.

Headed to the hardware right now to buy a butt-load of razor blades

Would not mined to help you there if I were nearby. But then you would have to pay me a dollar an hourlol boy would we clean it fast.
    Mbuna Addicted

I'll pay ya a dollar an hour....but you have to pay your own airfare to get to Michigan lol

Been scraping for the past hour and only have an area the size of a basketball done. This is gonna take for EEEEEEVER.

Well spent about 6+ hours scraping silicone today and about 1/3 the way there already. I wish I could do more tonight but my arms/shoulders are killing me right now. It's bad enough having to reach down into the tank scraping to begin with, but factor in that I have had a messed up rotator cuff in my shoulder for the past 5 yrs and that makes it really bad.

A good start at least though. Forward progress none the less.

Nice!! I would have done the other half there then you would have been done on the back.lol
    50/50 6 dollars richer. Cannot even buy enough Rusties from that. Lol
    Mbuna Addicted

Figure out if your going to re-seal it or find someone to do it?
    75 Gal
    1-Yellow Lab
    2-Blue Acei
    3-Blue Zebras
    5-Metriaclima Zebra (OB)
    lots of "Hybrids"
    1-Royal Pleco
    2 - Pictus Catfish

125 Gal
    Tropical Community tank
    2 - Pictus Catfish
    1-Synodontis Eupterus