Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The new project 265g 7ft tank/office

Looking great! So many hours I'm sure!

Yeah quite a few 10-12hr days on it over the last couple weeks. Spent the whole day yesterday mostly just carving foam, hands are sore today.

The site was down last night so I wasn't able to update any pics, but here are some from last night now.

Manged to get the 3 rods I needed to get done finished over the weekend so that left me with pretty much the entire day to work on the office. Put another 12 hours straight in to it and got some good progress done today. First two pics are the base coat on the upper portion of the rock wall. Tomorrow I will start some of the detail paint work on it.

Looks like I'm gonna have to redo the stairs as well because now this wall makes the stairs look bad

Upper section is now done. Used two shades of gray followed by white highlights on the edges and raised portions. Have also started on the lower half as well.

Not much done, but now that I'm back from fishing I did work a bit on the lower part of the wall tonight.

Been trying to juggle rod orders and office build along with yard work and other things, could use about 10 more hours in each day it seems, but have got some more done on the office/tank this week. It's really starting to look like something now.

The wall around the aquarium is now done and just have some more detail work to do to it now (such as adding more foliage, moss, vines to give it a very realistic look). Just have to build in a door next to it now and then continue the rock wall over the door so it is not a visible doorway.

I picked up a desk and cabinet over the weekend for $35. They were two separate pieces but I removed a couple parts, leveled them out and screwed them together so it is now one 6'6" wide unit. The wood color as well as the top were a perfect match for the floor/wood in the office. Couldn't have lucked out any better by finding this for so cheap. I also snagged the grey office chair today off Craigslist for only $20

Still have a bit more trim/detail work to do on the stairs but the stairway&stairs are now cleaned, painted and green carpeted runner installed on the stairs.

My grandfathers end table I refinished

I also started on the ceiling. Decided to go with 1 x 4 wood planks and stain them in Red Oak color stain then coated with Min wax spar varnish. These are two of the planks drying.

I need you to be my neighbor..lol
    75 Gal
    1-Yellow Lab
    2-Blue Acei
    3-Blue Zebras
    5-Metriaclima Zebra (OB)
    lots of "Hybrids"
    1-Royal Pleco
    2 - Pictus Catfish

125 Gal
    Tropical Community tank
    2 - Pictus Catfish
    1-Synodontis Eupterus
    1-Synodontis Catfish
    2-Marble Plecos

Looks great, Did I skim over what you are thinking about stocking?
    <3 Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by FasTruckmonkey View Post
    I need you to be my neighbor..lol
    I agree, can you come on over to Cannonsburg, MI and fix up my Man Cave with an great tank like yours....

Looking good keep the pictures coming.

Looks great, Did I skim over what you are thinking about stocking?
    Peacocks and some of the larger 10"+ Hap species.

Starting to install the ceiling now. You'll notice I changed the stain color, the first one was a bit too redish for me. I like the cabin/lodge/rustic look of this one now.

WOW! youv'e come along way on it steve looks fantastic. cant wait for the fish i have a feeling its really going to blend in nicely. great job!!!!!!
    125 gallon male aulonocara peacocks
    125 gallon male haps.
    90 gallon grow out tank
    90 gallon demasoni,cyno,afra,hongi srt.
    90 gallon planted apisto.tank
    2-10 gallon med. quarintine tanks

THE ONLY TIME YOU SHOULD LOOK DOWN ON SOMEONE IS WHEN YOUR HELPING THEM UP !!!!!!

Thanks geneyes. Been working tonight on adding detail to the rock wall now. In the words of Axle Rose....Welcome to the jungle!

jesus christ bro......you need to think about designing these as a side job for clients.....to sweet
    "other than that, how was the play mrs. lincoln?"

Well there is still a lot more to do such as - Pre-hung door built into the aquarium wall covered with 3D rocks so the door is not noticeable, wood threshold strip between the two rooms, finishing the wood trim work, fix and paint some of the original ceiling at the bottom of the stairwell, finish making the wood face plates on the stairs, build the 3D background for the aquarium, trim the opening of the aquarium with wood, finish the decor pieces....still lots to do, but this is where it is at right now.

Well the past week was spent doing some work as well as upnorth fishing so just got a few hours this evening to get back on the office build. Tonight I installed the prehung door which I had to do lots of trimming and fitting but finally got it fit nicely now. And also started covering it with foam which I will start shaping/carving tomorrow so that once it is done then it will blend right in with the rock wall so you won't even know there is a door or room behind the wall (James Bond kinda stuff lol)

Just cannot wait anymore. Keep the pictures coming.lol.

10G Grow out
    75G African Rift lake Biotope
    210G Expecting Tank in August
    Mbuna Addicted