Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: The new project 265g 7ft tank/office

Haven't finished installing it yet because of dealing with some other things the past week or two. I did test it out on the tank about a week ago though, my fish didn't care at all about it. They just swam around like normal and paid no attention to it. I think they are use to flashing lights most likely because I have a 52" TV close to the tank and I watch TV in the dark down there often. So they have probably got use to lights like that.

Well after 5 weeks of up and running the tank started leaking again late last night. This has been over two years I have been working on this project, and the 3rd time it leaked on me. This was the final straw. I've put so much effort into this tank yet it just seems that it is not going to stay leak free no matter what I do. And I just simply can't continue to deal with the work/money/headaches/stress from it. Tonight I ripped it all down and will be busting the tank up and getting rid of it shortly.

As much as it really breaks my heart, I just have no other choice. I can;t keep throwing good money after bad, as well as keep working so hard for something that is just simply never going to work.

To make the best of a bad situation I will go forward with expanding the rod shop/fishing themed man cave in place of the tank and rock wall. Trying to look at the bright side, it will give me double the room for the man cave now.

Rock wall is all but a memory now....

3. Default

Oh no...so sad sorry to hear
    Using Tapatalk

Damn steve im so sorry to hear ,i know how much time and work you put into the project and how frustrating it is when it keeps going wrong ,well it was a spectacular job even if it only lasted a short time it was something to be proud of anyway !!!!
    125 gallon male aulonocara peacocks
    125 gallon male haps.
    90 gallon grow out tank
    90 gallon demasoni,cyno,afra,hongi srt.
    90 gallon planted apisto.tank
    2-10 gallon med. quarintine tanks

THE ONLY TIME YOU SHOULD LOOK DOWN ON SOMEONE IS WHEN YOUR HELPING THEM UP !!!!!!

Sorry to hear that Steve. That sucks.