Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Parrothead's Victorian Cichlid Adventure

Default Parrothead's Victorian Cichlid Adventure

I asked Kevin to close my other threads pretaining to my adventures with these beautiful fish, all will be documented here. I've recently(last night) acquired a Drilled 75 gallon tank with wet/dry filter, pump, all plumbing, glass lids, light, stand etc....Got a killer deal on it to boot.

The plan is to set the 75 gallon up for my neochromis rufo's(from Big Jim) and the Pund. Macro(from Andres) and move my A. Lats(?) to the 55 gallon by themselves. This move will take a week or so as the 75 was a poorly maintained salt tank and I need to basically sterilize everything, especially the tank and bio-balls from the wet/dry.

Pictures of my new babies that arrived Tuesday will be posted here a little later today, as well as some updated pics of the neo's and A. Lats.

Hope you all enjoy following along on this journey, I look forward to breeding and sharing these beautiful fish. As always, thoughts and opinions are expected and welcomed

Thanks for looking.

Robert I am so happy that you got that new tank! As always I will wait with baited breath for pics and any other documentation you offer us on Vics. Best of luck with the new fishies. The best part of this hobby to me is the enthusiam one gets when venturing into something new, I am so excited for you. Jules
    WATER CHANGE/WATER CHANGE/WATER CHANGE <~~~ My Mantra!

Thanks Jules

I've got most of the beach sand rinsed out of the tank, and the bio-balls soaking in fresh water, will change that out again shortly, and continue cleaning till the rains roll again for the 4th straight day.

Kicking around the idea of painting the back of the tank black, but haven't decided for sure yet

Looking forward to the journey Robert. When you learn, we all learn. This forum has enough Vic people to make this a nice entertaining journey as well as educational. Looking forward to everything. Continued success is wish upon you.

Dave

Somewhere between the keyboard and the aquarium

Quote Originally Posted by Parrothead View Post
    Kicking around the idea of painting the back of the tank black, but haven't decided for sure yet
    Do it. I'd always painted mine black, but wanted to try something new for my X. phytophagus tank, so I went with a muddy greenish brown. It worked out alright, but it doesn't add as much depth as the black.
    A. latifasciata
    Hap. sp. "blue obliquidens"
    Pund. macrocephala
    Pund. sp. "red flank"
    X. phytophagus

Here's a couple photos of the neochromis rufo's that I took the other day just playing around, yeah I know I caught him at a bad moment, but the pics themselves are great I think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	20243   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	20244   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	20245  

Update time, 75 gallon has been scrubbed and cleaned, still a little residue from the saltwater tank, but that will soften up and come off, wet/dry is cleaned and ready to go on-line, game plan is work tomorrow morning, weather permitting, and then move the 55 and set up the 75 and bring it on-line

Robert nice looking fish, it's a little dark but still the colors are awesome!!!!! I am so glad your tank is almost ready! WTG! Pass the ceeeeegars!

Robert wanted me to post this pic for him. Grab a cigar and hoorah Robert! J

http://

Now I know why I love you so much.

Thanks Jules, luv ya

75 is in progress as I type, had to stop for an adult beverage, and will resume here shortly.

Can't wait to see the 75...I am so happy for you Robert !

LOL what adult beverage are you guzzling over there? I could use a few long island teas, they make me rip off my clothes .........then everyone runs LMAOROTF. Oh shuddap. Love Ewe 2. Baa Baaaad Jules

75 is up and running, here's a couple pics of the progress, I still have to put the rest of the rock and aquascape the tank.

More pictures to come including some of the P. Macro's I got from AndresClick image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	20265Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	20266

The stand is one I have been using, I trust it more than the one that came with this tank, that stand is being used for the 55 that as mentioned above will be housing the A. Lats(?) when the wet/dry is cycled in, I figure about 2 weeks for that.

Looking at all these new setups this morning has me "jumpy". I hope after I take a breather of sorts I will get enthused about getting something new. Robert I am so happy for you, the tank is awesome and you do need a stand that you are secure using. Keep us posted on your journey into these victorians etc. Maybe I will dabble with them one day and it will be nice to have somebody I can come running to with questions. As always, keep us posted with pics. I love seeing others enjoy this thing we do!!!!!!!!! Jules

Robert, the fish are beautiful and the tank setup is great. Can't wait to see everything once it all comes together.

Julie, this thread is about Roberts Vics. If you keep getting him side tracked on other things, how is he ever going to get anything done. LOL!

Dave