Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP!!!!!!!! What's up with my black rubbers!

Question HELP!!!!!!!! What's up with my black rubbers!

I am losing my marbles. I have two emperor 400's that are eating away at the black rubber thingies on the bottom of the impeller!!!!!! Yes they are seated in alloted spot correctly. I have one half eaten away and the same on the other emperor, where the heck do I get these little black devils? I have other impellers but the black rubbers are either to big or to small They run fine but today I woke up to a stopped emperor and I hate that, please don't tell me to get new filters I shall slap you silly.......Groaning in Michigan Here! Jules
    ♥♥"A stunted discus is like an ugly baby. You think yours is beautiful until someone has the nerve to say "Damn! That's an ugly baby"♥♥

♥♥Only trust someone who can see these three things in you:
    The sorrow behind your smile,
    The love behind your anger, and
    The reason behind your silence.♥♥

WATER CHANGE/WATER CHANGE/WATER CHANGE <~~~ My Mantra!

I have had problems trying big enough rubbers too. ;-) You can order new impellers from the manufacturer. One of our local LFS actually carries parts for different filters, perhaps you get lucky enough to find one around your area. Good luck Julie.

Dave

They are pretty easy to oder online, although Dave is right, a good LFS might carry them.

Quote Originally Posted by baytherman View Post
    I have had problems trying big enough rubbers too. ;-) You can order new impellers from the manufacturer. One of our local LFS actually carries parts for different filters, perhaps you get lucky enough to find one around your area. Good luck Julie.

Dave
    Dave, I've also had that problem, can't seem to find the larger sizes, buy new impellers, on-line or lfs, shouldn't be too much

Guys the filters are to new they don't need new impellers, just the rubbers have got eaten away. I will inquire and look online but what is the rubber part called on the impeller?? Everything has a name, even the plastic stuff on the end of shoe laces has a name lol. What do I keyword? Go with impeller Julie, just go with impeller and see where it leads......Ok guys thanks and I will ask my LFS guy, while I am up there I will ask ERIC what size rubbers he usually goes with. LOL sorry I hadta. Jules
    ♥♥"A stunted discus is like an ugly baby. You think yours is beautiful until someone has the nerve to say "Damn! That's an ugly baby"♥♥

This might help, everything I can find makes you think you are going to have to get the whole impeller, not just the rubber piece

http://www.marineland.com/uploadedFi...0BMan11299.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Parrothead View Post
    This might help, everything I can find makes you think you are going to have to get the whole impeller, not just the rubber piece

http://www.marineland.com/uploadedFi...0BMan11299.pdf
    Yep! You will have to buy the shaft with the rubber on it. I believe it is called Band washer to help keep it stable and quiet during movement. Dat, dat, dats what I think.

Dave

LOL hardy har har. I need a good shafting I am thinking. I don't need the whole impeller, I have leftover impellers from old filters but they are either to big or too small. I need a big one right now to get the job done I am thinking. Can the shaft work without the rubber I wonder? I will give it a try and see what happens and I will also ask a few owners if they have any laying around. I will leave now before I get to excited. LOL Jules

Quote Originally Posted by PhishNFilly View Post
    to small
    Those of us not blessed with quality impeller shaft genetics prefer the term "Petite"

This whole thread made my day.

Jules...Just get a new filter!!!

~Runs and hides~

LOL smacking db lolol and laughing my head off......I needed it after the day I have had. Petite eh.....when I think of petite I think of those small sweet "Gherkins" made by Vlasic LOLOL I prefer those HUGE HUGE HUGE deli pickles......gosh those things are awesome eh even tho they are sorta warty LMAOROTF? Right now I am rubbering along with a half a rubber on a shaft.....as long as the dang thing still works I guess I will make do, a little shaft is better than no shaft at all......Oh did I mention I love those HUGE deli pickles? LMAO Julia PS. DB you been missed hun. J PS. I got so involved with this thread I almost over filled my Discus tank.......good lord I kid you NOT!

I agree, it looks like you will need the whole assembly. You could try calling Marineland to get the washer/seal or whatever they consider that piece.
    Either way, be sure to properly treat it before installation.

I can't believe I'm going to say this.

Step 1: Coat it generously with petroleum-free vaseline, or saliva, whichever you prefer prior to inserting it.

Step 2: Pinch the tip prior to insertion to avoid a rupture. <---- OK, I made that up.

But seriously, I do this with all rubber-type gaskets on everything for my aquarium, from canister filter seals to spraybar gaskets.

Step 3: Go to the local deli and celebrate your achievement with a huge pickel. (You'll probably have left-over Vaseline anyway.) And don't worry...It's petroleum free.

LMAOROTF!!!!!!!!! I almost lost my Tea to the monitor you silly bean! I will try the method you suggest lolol. My favorite tip was the pinching the tip one lololol we sure don't want eruptus magnificus now do we? LMAO DB!!!!!! And to think it all started with a little black rubber that nobody really knows it's name. I will stick with the bushing remark from batherman because it fits the topic LOLOL. I feel a cartoonnnnn coming la la laaaaaaaa

lmao, you keep me laughing with you almost every day jules hahahah
    Kenyi
    Red Zebras
    Bushy Nose
    55 gal

Kenyi Fry
    Red Zebra Fry
    20 gal hospital tank /fry

Cool

I'm glad I found this thread, I needed a good laugh. Was that the shed door I herd creaking?
    If you don't break it, you aren't wheelin it hard enough

People who say it can't be done should not interrupt me when Im doing it.

Um.........whats holding up the grand........I see no springs?

"I never thought I would say this....... I AM GETTIN THE PIG!!"

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK! View Post
    I know all about Barry White, but real men smell like diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK! View Post
    I'm glad I found this thread, I needed a good laugh. Was that the shed door I herd creaking?
    Creaking my A$$, we're talking screeching here