Thread: Fasting Juveniles?

Default Fasting Juveniles?

My adult fish get a day off a week from feeding to purge their digestive system , does this apply to juveniles also?
    180gal All-Male: A. Gertrudae, A. Lundu, A. Lwanda, A. Maylandi, A. Jacobfreibergi Mamela, A. Rubescens, A. Ngara, A. Maisoni, A. Blue Neon "Undu Reef", Proto. Steveni Taiwan Reef, A. Benga, Mylochromis Ericotaenia, Placid. Phenochilus Tanzania, Otopharynx Lithobates, Proto. Steveni Imperial, Protomelas Johnstoni, Rhampochromis Longiceps, L. Caeruleus, Paretroplus Maculatus
    75gal: Cyno Afra "Jalo Reef", Ps. Williamsi North
    40B: Metriaclima Elongatus Usisya Mara Rocks

I don't
    55g: Metriaclima Lombardoi, Metriaclima Greshakei, Albino Metriaclima Greshakei, Labeotropheus Trewavasae Chilumba, Labidochromis Caeruleus(Lions Cove and Ruarwe), and Rusty Cichlids
    55g: Koi and Blood Parrot
    29g: Kribensis
    29g: Brevis, Telmatochromis Vittatus, Brichardi
    20g: Neolamprologus Leleupi

I don't fast any of my fish, but especially not juveniles under 1.5".
    Need to upload a cichlid photo? Check out the Cichlid Gallery, it is free and easy to use.
    Best of all, you don't have to leave this forum to access it!

Cichlid Gallery - Fin Rot Treatment - What Did You Do Today? - What Spawned For You Today?

Nikon D5100 | Nikkor 50mm 1.8G | Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 | Yongnuo YN-560 Speedlights | BrianStalterPhotography.com

+1 on everything Why said i use too fast but now i feed once a day and they seem to be happy so bottom line do what works for you (if it ain't broke don't try to fix it)
    Kenyi
    Red Zebras
    Bushy Nose
    55 gal

Kenyi Fry
    Red Zebra Fry
    20 gal hospital tank /fry

I have been fasting my fish once a week for the past couple years so getting to feed another day each week works for me. I guess it's a "to each his own" type thing on feeding but ,obviously, opting to feed everyday is more fun. Thanks for the input.
    180gal All-Male: A. Gertrudae, A. Lundu, A. Lwanda, A. Maylandi, A. Jacobfreibergi Mamela, A. Rubescens, A. Ngara, A. Maisoni, A. Blue Neon "Undu Reef", Proto. Steveni Taiwan Reef, A. Benga, Mylochromis Ericotaenia, Placid. Phenochilus Tanzania, Otopharynx Lithobates, Proto. Steveni Imperial, Protomelas Johnstoni, Rhampochromis Longiceps, L. Caeruleus, Paretroplus Maculatus

UGH don't fast a baby but 2 each his own. One day isn't going to kill any fish tho, Rusty Nut went weeks at a time not feeding his fish when he was going back and forth from New York a few months back, actually he came home to buffalohead babies so that has to prove something. Jules
    ♥♥"A stunted discus is like an ugly baby. You think yours is beautiful until someone has the nerve to say "Damn! That's an ugly baby"♥♥

♥♥Only trust someone who can see these three things in you:
    The sorrow behind your smile,
    The love behind your anger, and
    The reason behind your silence.♥♥

WATER CHANGE/WATER CHANGE/WATER CHANGE <~~~ My Mantra!

I have my all my fish at my office. I'm the boss so its ok. So they do not eat all weekend. However, I just moved so they will be back with me soon enough. NormallyI would not fast fry or juvies.

Just to clarify, juvenile mbuna were not fasted, just my adult peacocks and haps. As usual guys and gals, thanks.

just some other info from my lfs he only feeds his fish once a week which i think is wrong (fish all types of tropicals ) (cruel i think) (works for him)
    Kenyi
    Red Zebras
    Bushy Nose
    55 gal

Kenyi Fry
    Red Zebra Fry
    20 gal hospital tank /fry