Thread: Sick Neolamprologus multifasciatus

Default Sick Neolamprologus multifasciatus

Here are three shots of the one in our colony of juveniles that looks sickly. Presently the tank is being treated with Metro and I'm not sure if that will be enough to take care of the sickly look. Also, we are having issues with getting them to eat - at least that is what I'm told (tank is at the in-laws so I don't get to see them daily).

Some shots of the others, for the most part they are all a bit fatter.

Presently they are trying a mix of foods: decapsulated brine shrimp eggs, Captain Bob's TOP SECRET powder, and Omega One Cichlid Flakes. None of which seems to get a lot of feeding action.

We've had the fish since late October (got them the weekend of Halloween). The tank was instantly cycled with two old filters (one HOB and one sponge from our 125g) and gets regular 50% waterchanges weekly.

Do you think that Metro will be enough or do I need to try out a stronger medication?
    Need to upload a cichlid photo? Check out the Cichlid Gallery, it is free and easy to use.
    Best of all, you don't have to leave this forum to access it!

Cichlid Gallery - Fin Rot Treatment - What Did You Do Today? - What Spawned For You Today?

Nikon D800 | Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 OS | Yongnuo YN-560II | Yongnuo RF-603 N3 | BrianStalterPhotography.com

Are they the only fish in the tank? How long have you been treating with metro. Are you doing daily water changes? Are you dosing the tank with metro daily?

The only tankmates are a group of albino bristlenose, which are kept at bay from the shells. The Metro has been dosed daily for the past 5 days, but I don't believe they have been doing a daily waterchange on the tank (as recommended).
    Need to upload a cichlid photo? Check out the Cichlid Gallery, it is free and easy to use.
    Best of all, you don't have to leave this forum to access it!

Cichlid Gallery - Fin Rot Treatment - What Did You Do Today? - What Spawned For You Today?

Nikon D800 | Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 OS | Yongnuo YN-560II | Yongnuo RF-603 N3 | BrianStalterPhotography.com