Thread: Monitor Calibration

Default Monitor Calibration

http://calibrize.com/index.html

Download the tool there, install and follow directions.
    I will make a page later that tells you if you need to do it, but for now assume you do. ;)
    The photocontest, like everything else is behind schedule. You get some links back today.

Alex nobody is going to see this I bet, I think this was a wonderful tool!!!!!!! I will make a link and put it in my siggie. I was deffinately off in my gamma settings. Thanks for this wonderful gadget, I just hope people know what it is hon. Julie
    WATER CHANGE/WATER CHANGE/WATER CHANGE <~~~ My Mantra!

Send out thanks to Mac, his office monitor was so horribly off yesterday I beat him with a stick until he pulled this up.
    The photocontest, like everything else is behind schedule. You get some links back today.

I will pm Mac cuz I know he won't see this thread lol. I added the link to my siggie and will also mention it in the what did you do today thread. Oh BTW, this was the easiest calibrator I ever came across by far!!!!!!!! Julia

Very cool tool.
    Need to upload a cichlid photo? Check out the Cichlid Gallery, it is free and easy to use.
    Best of all, you don't have to leave this forum to access it!

Cichlid Gallery - Fin Rot Treatment - What Did You Do Today? - What Spawned For You Today?

Nikon D800 | Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 OS | Yongnuo YN-560II | Yongnuo RF-603 N3 | BrianStalterPhotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by PhishNFilly View Post
    I will pm Mac cuz I know he won't see this thread lol.

I saw the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by cichgirl View Post
    I saw a bionic kenyi with carnivorous dental implants. It was terrifying.

Mac nice to see you. I am glad your monitor looked bad and glad alex got a fix. This calibrator is the easiest I have come across and I put off doing it because it was to involved. Seems my gamma rays were out of this world LOLOL so glad those are fixed, maybe one year I can win a contest groan........Jules

Hopefully this will fix the way my images print out - how they look on my screen and how they printed off were quite different.... will know for sure this weekend.
    Need to upload a cichlid photo? Check out the Cichlid Gallery, it is free and easy to use.
    Best of all, you don't have to leave this forum to access it!

Cichlid Gallery - Fin Rot Treatment - What Did You Do Today? - What Spawned For You Today?

Nikon D800 | Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 OS | Yongnuo YN-560II | Yongnuo RF-603 N3 | BrianStalterPhotography.com

My gamma was way off as well had to go almost all the way to the right on all 3 colors

and i dont think i did the 1st step correctly everything is a lil dark in the shadowed areas
    but it was an improvement
    tanks:
    down to just the one at the moment

125 gallon-2x emperor 400-2x 300 watt heaters and a few power heads with pre filters sand sub.

mbuna tank
    x2 Metriaclima greshakei, Labidochromis caeruleus,
    Metriaclima estherae,Iodotropheus sprengerae
    and a pleco?

I have to comment to this thread again. This is the best calibrator. I hope people dl this handy tool and use it. I had to get a new computer and my colors were not right on my monitor and I prayed that I could find this thread and Low and Behold I did! Julia