Thread: Neolamprologus caudopunctatus

Default Neolamprologus caudopunctatus

I did some rock work re-arranging and did a bigger than normal water change on my tank today. I noticed my two caudo's were acting silly and I grabbed the camera. I love how they skirt across the sand, it' so adorable! I was shocked I captured it and I would love to get fry from these beautiful fish. I will wait and see. Enjoy the video and thanks for l@@kin at em! ( the water is a bit debris filled but I just did alot of moving around) Jules

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4eg1OPyiJk[/M]
    WATER CHANGE/WATER CHANGE/WATER CHANGE <~~~ My Mantra!

Jules that was a pretty cool catch. Makes you feel good capturing something cool like that. If you dont mind me asking what size tank is that and whats your stocklist look like. I liked the different fish i saw in the vid. Good job J kerp it up!!!
    10gal - F1 Aul sp Lwanda Fry
    20gal - F1 Aul Flavescent (Recovering)
    20gal - Cyno Zebroides Chimate Fry
    29gal - Multis
    50gal - WC Aul Lwanda Breeding Group 1m/3f
    50gal - BNP fry, Cyno sp Lion Fry
    55gal - Met OB Blueberry Zebra Slim, Cyno Zebroides Chimate, Cyno sp Lion "Lions Cove"
    72gal - Bemba Flame Tropheus, Simichromis Babaulti
    125gal - All Male Hap/Peacock Tank

http://www.riftfish.com

Brian it's a 75 gallon community tang tank. What you are seeing in this vid are most likely my rainbows and I think a calvus makes an apperance and a comp and a Juli apperance, also my tiny juvie front lol. Bosemani rainbows and Praecox race all around most of the time. Dithers B. I was stunned I actually got them doing this racing to and fro. Would love fry from these guys biggly. Thanks for looking and for the nice comment. Jules

Stock in that tank is as follows: All very small fish and most are all juveniles. One exception is my gorgeous White Calvus who is about 4 inches. J

Calvus
    Juli's
    Caudopunctatus
    Frontosa he's very tiny
    Bosemani Rainbows
    Praecox Rainbows
    Gold Faced Comps

Excellent tank and fish Julie. You are quite good with that camera. Thanks for the share of these beauties with us.

Dave

Excellent fish J. I didnt know you had a front. When did you get that beauty? Just got my first one the other day. Keep us posted on the Neos and hope to maybe see you post something in the fry club about dthose great little ones. Good job J.
    29gal - Multis
    55gal - Met OB Blueberry Zebra Slim, Cyno Zebroides Chimate, Cyno sp Lion "Lions Cove"

Brian yes I got the front a few months ago, it is very tiny right now, not quite two inches so I can get away with him/her in this sort of a setting. In time, that will have to change drastically LOLOL. Jules

Well i just got my first the other day and going back next week to pick up a few more. This kavalla is 3.5-4" for $25 and the others im getting are the same price. Sorry for stealing/changing your thread

Your Neos are amazing! Your fish always seem to be happy and enjoying themselfs.
    29gal - Multis

Brian it was a nice thing to capture on video. They love to do that sand shoveling with their noses but it happens so quickly it's hard to vid it, I noticed they were doing it and said get the cam Julie now lolol. At times I wish I was a fish inside that darn tank, I am sure you can relate to this as well.

So far all those tangs get along, the only thing that was stunning is finding that darn calvus that went black on one side of his head.....so far he/she seems to be ok, but what a queer looking site it is indeed! I have 3 neo's actually, the third is half the size of the others and growing slowly but surely lol.

I just looked up your kavalla front, it's a beauty as well as my brundi. Try to get some pics on here if you can, feel free to hijack lolol. Julie

UPDATE

Well sadly all my fry are gone, I knew this was going to happen and there was nothing I could do. I just had over 100 babies get eaten and those fish go for $15.00 a pop!!!!!
    I have made a decision and I am going to move those caudo's OUT of that community setting and I am going to put them in a 25 by themselves. They are already snooping around looking for a breeding place and I want those FRY badly. I wish my Meleagris would do something!!!!!! I have tried everything from changing temps to changing water schedules and actually went a few weeks doing absolutely nothing to the tank to see if that would do something......zip. I know I have female/males so I don't know what to do. Nobody in this forum seems to have these fish......I always go for the oddballs I guess lolol. I will update things when I move my caudo's. Actually I need one more male and a female......they are very hard to sex when juveniles, I just happened to luck out and saw wigglers from the pair that hang together like Mr and Mrs Smith. Updates soon. J

I'd toss a BN into the tank with the pair of 'punks to strengthen their pair-bond and protective instincts for the fry. The BN isn't any threat, but would give the pair something besides each other to worry about while they tend their brood. I'd move them back into the other tank after the fry are free-swimming.