Thread: It has been a LONG time

Default It has been a LONG time

Hi to all, I have finally returned from the depths of Hell. It has been a very long road to recovery both physically and mentally. I am much better now. For those who don't know me, I went through a horrible time with my back, failed surgeries, therapy, etc. Anyway, it is great to be back. Only problem is my wonderful sister, I think ya'll know her as Pleepleus, has been keeping my fish for me. Well, needless to say I have lots and lots of babies that I need to get rid of. I posted them in the livestock forum. I hope everyone here is doing great. Lara

Boogerrosa! OMG it's been ages!!!!!!! The last we spoke your son was in iraq and you were concerned, very concerned. I often wondered where you went hon, I am so glad to see you back and hopefully you are on a road to recovery. I am sorry you had such problems, nothing worse in this world then a back problem. Gosh I don't even know if you remember me now, anyway I am glad to see you back and I do hope all continues on the upswing for you. I hope you get some responses on your babies in the livestock thread. So nice to see you. Julie
    WATER CHANGE/WATER CHANGE/WATER CHANGE <~~~ My Mantra!

Welcome back Lara, we sure missed ya around here. Sure glad you're doing better. Lot's has happened around here since you've been gone. Welcome back.
    Patti the Pomeranian
    Houdini the Bearded Dragon
    Betta

Hi Julie and Cichnewfie!!!! To give a little more info on my son, he returned from Iraq safe and sound only to return to Afghanistan. He just returned home from Afghanistan two weeks ago. And luckily once again he was unharmed. Sadly I can't say so much for several of his buddies who were killed and the others that were seriously injured. I thank God every day he came home to me but still am very sad for those that lost their lives. It made his homecoming rather bittersweet. I felt bad to celebrate his return as so many mothers did not get to do that. But on a very good note, his contract with the Army will be up as of October and he is NOT re-upping. YEA!!!! No more Army. He will be going to Diesel Mechanic school and working on the farm. Finally the gray hairs will stop popping into my head every time I watch the news or turn on the tv. LOL
    My back is actually finally healed enough that I can do my own aquarium maintenance. Something my sister hated doing and nearly gave all my aquariums up because of it. She did do some down sizing but I will have them all back up very soon. LOL I even went and got some new fish already. LOL I got an African Knifefish, a redtail shark, Botia loach, and a couple of fancy oranda goldfish. Oh, and two bettas. I have enough cichlids for now. I have learned a very valuable lesson thru this. I will never have male and female fish again; too many babies. LOL
    I won't go into the gory details about the surgeries. Yikes, I have never felt so literally ripped apart in all my life. It took a major toll on me mentally when the surgeries kept failing. Finally with my trusty service dog Booger by my side I took my first steps to recovery. Booger never left my side during the whole ordeal. He is truly my best friend ever. I literally owe my life to him. Just to be blunt, I had given up on life because I could no longer walk. The doctors just kept on wanting to do more and more surgeries which I knew deep in my heart were wrong. I will always believe they just wanted the money. I will never forget the day when he laid his head on the side of my bed as he did every morning but something in his eyes was different. He looked at me and then the door as if to say Get Up. He kept staring at me, then the door, and his tail started waving frantically. I pushed myself up to the sitting position and Booger went crazy, barking and jumping on the bed. I swung my feet to the floor and attempted to stand up. Of course I collapsed as I had no strength in my legs. Booger danced around me, barking and whining. I crawled to the door but by this time the nurse had arrived because of all the racket. She tried to get me back into the bed but I refused. I told her I was going to take Booger outside if it killed me. I proceeded to crawl down the hall and outside. SUNSHINE on my face, Glory Day!!! I was so happy and so was Booger. AFter that every day I would drag myself from bed, slowing standing longer and longer, until finally I could walk again. After that everything else just started falling into place. I am back to my "normal", if you can call me normal, self. LOL
    Anyway, I need to shut up, I will talk ya'lls ears off if I don't. Thanks for welcoming me back. Lara

Awe, Lara, what a heartwarming story. Aren't pets just the best. I went through a time in 2007 after I lost my common law husband to lung cancer. He passed in February that year and I had a breakdown that August. I was this close to ending it when I looked at both my dogs and I couldn't do it, I couldn't leave them behind to god knows who to take care of them. The next day I got help and things have been better since. I had to put my Joey down on May 30th which broke my heart but I couldn't stand to see him suffer any longer. He was diagnosed with a very enlarged heart in February and the fluid buildup was drowning him. It was time but it was the hardest decision I ever had to make in my life.

I'm glad Booger is in your life and having him has given you the strength to get up and start moving. In my opinion, anyone that don't like dogs or have never had one, are missing out on having the best relationship of their life.

Again, welcome back Lara.
    Patti the Pomeranian
    Betta

Excellent news Lara. What an inspiring story. It is uncanny how a dog can get it's owner to try and improve on one's self or improve physically. Your dog is truly special and you are fortunate to have him as he is having you. Congrats on feeling better and hopefully we will cya around more now that things are better. Take care Lara and welcome back!
    Dave

Hi DAVE!!!! I can't say enough good things about Booger. I have such a soft and weak spot in my heart for critters. My current area of focus is on a one legged coyote. Poor guy, I guess he got shot in the leg and it has shriveled up to next to nothing. Crazy rednecks around here are constantly blasting everything that is furry. He started coming to my front yard and eating the food I put out from my crow friends, George, Harriet, Marilyn, and Joe. I now give him meat scraps every night which I take to woods because I don't want him getting to comfortable around humans. That would definitely be the death of him. I named him Wiley, real original I know. LOL
    Cichnewfie, I am very sorry for the loss of your husband and Joey. I am so glad you had your furry friends there for you. They truly understand us and know exactly what we need.
    Lara

Hey Lara, do you mean 3 legged coyota? How can he get around on just one limb. hehehe
    That's so sweet of you to do that for him.
    Patti the Pomeranian
    Betta

I am an idiot. Yes I meant three legged coyote. Gosh...how embarrassing...Sheesh...I named him Tripod. Lara

Perfect name, lol.
    Patti the Pomeranian
    Betta