Thread: Which filter - Aquaclear 70 or Perfect Canister Filter HW-302

Default Which filter - Aquaclear 70 or Perfect Canister Filter HW-302

I need some advice on what filters to buy. This will be our first time with African Cichlids (have raised other tropical fish in 10 gallon tanks and smaller in the past) and we are trying to determine which two filters would be best (less maintence, easy to use) for our new 55 gallon tank. We are contemplating either the Aquaclear 70 or the Perfect Canister Filter HW-302 sold on ebay. We will be using two filters and will buy two of one model or one of each, whichever is better. We will be stocking the tank eventually with African Cichlid Malawis. Thanks in advance!

Personally I would get one of each. Load the canister up with biomax and then use the hob for your mechanical filter.

One other thing I would do is go for the Aqua Clear 110 right away. Its not much more and will do a way better job. Plus if you ever decide to upgrade 5 years from now you will be set for filtration.

I don't know anything about the canister yr talking about. But, I agree with getting the AC 110 instead of the 70.
    2,000+ gallons of underwater entertainment
    (Mostly Centrals & Tangs)

Thanks for the responses. The canister filter is actually sold under a couple of different manufacturer names on ebay (Perfect, SunSun).