Thread: API nitra-zorb

Default API nitra-zorb

Spotted this on a trip to the store today. Supposedly,removes toxins ammonia, nitrite and nitrate from your water. cost about $12 and good for two months. I bought one and am trying it out. I'll try to post back on here and let everyone know how it goes. Seemed appropriate to post in the tank section. started with nitrates 20PPM
    nitrite 0
    ammonia 0
    ph 8.2
    Any thoughts about or experiences with this stuff would be appreciated.

i bought something similar to this. i don't remember the name. nitrates are 40ppm coming out of tap. my nitrates are 5 ppm in my tank after 7 days. i am convinced that it works.

Sweet deal! I tested everything before i put it in just so that I could do an honest comparison. I'll be testing for nitrates tonight as that's my biggest issue. I'm just hoping to cut things down from my twice weekly changes to once a week.

just tested again today holding at 20PPM after 4 days. recharge on the fifth day as per instructions but everything looks pretty good so far.

i checked & i am using the same thing. have recharged mine twice. nitrates at 10 ppm. up from 5 ppm 5 days ago. nitrates were 80 ppm 10 days ago even with 3 water changes. very happy with it.

Nice Im recharging mine now for the first time and just did a water change. We'll see where its at after this then check back in a couple days. I have a feeling I'll be making a trip back to pick up these for all of my tanks...just wondering what is actually inside of it...would love to be able to buy it in bulk.

Aprildawn,

I hope your not drinking that water. The US allows a max of 10 ppm of Nitrates in drinking water.

The Nitrasorb should work well. However it does not replace doing regular water changes. Water changes also remove other toxins we dont test for. In aprildawns case its good to lower the tap water nitrates. I would treat the water prior to putting it the the tank. Otherwise it will rise with a water change.

yeah i had been doing water changes probably twice a week. I just wanted to cut them down to once a week.

hello, do you know the brand you used?

Filstar - Nitra-Zorb. it is a pouch that you put in your canister. it can be used a number of time. the nitrates in the tap water must have just been a temporary thing since things have been fine since.

yeah im having nitrate problems and no matter what i do nothing seems to be working, might as well give it a shot.