Thread: got a new 125g plexi tank what should i put in it for pretty fish lol?

Default got a new 125g plexi tank what should i put in it for pretty fish lol?

??
    any ideas any thing helps there will be a arowana in it with the cichlids but he is adjusted to a cichlids ph ect..

Well I don't know which one of the 6 different Arowana you have but housing them with Rift lake Cichlids may not be a good idea. Most house them with larger bottom dwellers, larger American Cichlids that can handle the aggressiveness. These fish are not only predatory but can get to over 3 feet in length, especially the Silvers, as they can get to 4 feet. I think you should figure on them getting to 24in or 30 inches at least, making the tank you have it in to small. They are major jumpers so reinforcing the lid is a must not to mention they seem to spook easy and can cause trouble to themselves and others when surprised or scared. Just my 2 cents worth cichlid-kid. Don't want to see you have any bad experiences with this hobby. If you want to build a community around these fish, PLZ consider getting a much larger tank first. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by baytherman View Post
    Well I don't know which one of the 6 different Arowana you have but housing them with Rift lake Cichlids may not be a good idea. Most house them with larger bottom dwellers, larger American Cichlids that can handle the aggressiveness. These fish are not only predatory but can get to over 3 feet in length, especially the Silvers, as they can get to 4 feet. I think you should figure on them getting to 24in or 30 inches at least, making the tank you have it in to small. They are major jumpers so reinforcing the lid is a must not to mention they seem to spook easy and can cause trouble to themselves and others when surprised or scared. Just my 2 cents worth cichlid-kid. Don't want to see you have any bad experiences with this hobby. If you want to build a community around these fish, PLZ consider getting a much larger tank first. Good Luck!

he is a silver and we are going to get another tank for him but hes olny about 5-6 inches right now and not very aggressive yet and he will not be in there for long i dont think he might get a 200 gal here soon
    and he is in with south American cichlids right now and seems to be doing great with the ph at about 7.3-7.4 witth all outher cichlids.