Page 1 of 216 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do today????

Default What did you do today????

Today we hit a whopping 84 degrees here in Michigan. This must be some sort of Indian Summer day. Today I cleaned my garage and started to get things ready for my yard sale which is next weekend with my Daughter in Law. We want to have a sale to clean up our houses and to get some "MAD" money to take to Disneyland with us when we go October 11-15. I have to fly which I am terrified of but I have to do this or stay home......Today my RD Tootsie insists she wants out of her fish tank. Bang Bang Bang goes the lid, she's such a bad girl lmao. Time to go see my girls in Gymnastics and then dinner with the girls. I hope you had a nice one whatever you did. Julia
    WATER CHANGE/WATER CHANGE/WATER CHANGE <~~~ My Mantra!

what did i do today?..........hmmmmmm design on the puter.......little forums at lunch while eating McNasties meal.......more designing.........coming back to forums to respond to this thread......hehe........and most likely will do the same thing tomorrow and the next day and the day after that.......
    "other than that, how was the play mrs. lincoln?"

Lol you think 84 is hot?!?!? It has stayed mid 90s here even going higher and that is on a GOOD day :p with a breeze. Well I hope you have fun at disney, me and my family are going to holloween horror nights on oct 7th ^.^ i love that place
    ~Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning how to dance in the rain~

So Chief are you saying you're having fun here at the forum lol??? I told you so neener neener. Megan it reached 89 friggin degrees here today, and we here in Michigan roasted like peanuts all summer long. I want the cool temps back and I want them now! Fall rocks. Disney is having their Halloween days when we arrive actually.....I am big on that time of year and my house is decked up from top to bottom. Cant wait to go but Oye that airplane ride ugh. Julia

lol 89 is still not that hot :p
    ~Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning how to dance in the rain~

We went to Japanese class, ceramics, and then I "taught" the teen art club (all at my local rec center). On Tuesdays we spend 4.5 hours at the rec center and the girls get to hang out with their friends for most of it LOL. Then to pick up dh and youngest dd played piano where dh works (September is national piano month and they are doing a performance class for all the kids where the parents can come in and listen to them). The girls don't have class until Thursday, but they wanted her to play at other times when we are there too. Now we are hanging out and watching the stuff we recorded on the DVR.
    SabrinaD
    75 gallon
    C. Afra "cobue", Labidochromis chisumulae, M. joanjohnsonae,
    65 gallon
    Ps. acei, Ps.cyaneorhabdos, I. spengerae
    46 Bow front
    Ps. saulosi, Labidochromis chisumulae

Sabrina! You had a very full day my friend. I love piano, I love music alot but cant play a musical instrument. I always wanted to take a ceramic class, what exactly is the Japanese piece your working on? Do you donate your time teaching at the rencen? Your life is full, I hope you are enjoying the stuff you taped......How old are your girls btw? I have two grands, Briar-Rose is 5 and Josie is 3. Julia

Today I got a guy fired, and now have to worry that he'll be one of those walk-in-with-a-shotgun types. I've never had to have anyone fired before, and I hate it, but he was paranoid and kept exploding at me. It was more dangerous to keep him than fire him.

On the bright side - wait, there is no bright side. Phooey. I hope tomorrow is a better day.
    Happiness may be the door to Heaven,
    But Pleasure is not the Key.

Chrome good heavens........I am sure those in your work place felt him being around was not a good thing as well. If you really do feel like something might come back on you or your workplace, I would go to the police station and give them a heads up. I am sorry you have to deal with this, it's very stressful and I am sure your worried. In the meantime be very cautious and please stay safe. Julia

Chrome this is why you must cover your bases before hand.
    Who messes with the crazy cat lady, no one.
    you are the crazy old fish guy. ;)

Kidding aside. Getting people fired, even for good reasons, is never easy.
    Be vigilant but don'6t drive yourself crazy either.
    The photocontest, like everything else is behind schedule. You get some links back today.

Julia, my girls are 16 and 13 (soon to be 14). We are learning to speak/read/write Japanese. We've been at it for more than a year. We've learned one of 3 alphabets. It's the shorthand they use for most Japanese words. Next we are working on the alphabet they use for foreign words with some Kanji (the 3rd set of characters that mean words or can represent a couple syllables in place of the first alphabet).

The interesting thing about the "alphabets" (the top two I talked about), is that they don't represent individual letters, but rather sounds for example there are characters that represent the following sounds... ka, ki, ko, ke, and ku. If you add a particular mark to any of those characters, they become... ga, gi, go, ge, and gu. The only consonant that doesn't have a vowel is n (though there is a set with n).

For the most part you'll see a consonant vowel pattern (though in some cases a consonant can be doubled and there are characters for the vowels alone). What's fun is when we get some words that the Japanese borrowed from English or other languages. For example banana is banana LOL. Probably more than you wanted to know LOL. But a lot of people think Japanese is a hard language to learn. I don't think it's so bad. There are some cool things that make it easier. There are 3 verb tenses (past, present and future), no plurals, no genders (like Spanish or french), and you don't have to worry about subject/ verb matching (he says, we say for example).

It sounds like a lot of work, but it's fun and we like to watch Japanese anime and read Japanese manga (cartoons and comics LOL). I'm hoping to someday be able to read or watch Japanese stuff without having to wait for translations. My oldest hopes to visit Japan some day. My youngest is along for the ride LOL.

I do volunteer at the rec center. On Tuesdays I host the teen art club and on Thursdays I have an anime club where we watch cartoons LOL. Mostly it's a great time for my girls to be with their friends. I enjoy being around the kids and will host sleep overs for the girls. I am also in the teen ceramics class where we make lots of stuff. I'll have to post what my 13 yo did recently. I got some pics of it, but I'll have upload them to my computer. You'll be amazed at to what she did.

Chrome...
    I'm sorry you had to go through that; it's never easy to fire someone regardless of the circumstances. Hopefully this person is now just long gone.
    SabrinaD
    75 gallon
    65 gallon
    46 Bow front

Quote Originally Posted by PhishNFilly View Post
    So Chief are you saying you're having fun here at the forum lol??? I told you so neener neener. Megan it reached 89 friggin degrees here today, and we here in Michigan roasted like peanuts all summer long. I want the cool temps back and I want them now! Fall rocks. Disney is having their Halloween days when we arrive actually.....I am big on that time of year and my house is decked up from top to bottom. Cant wait to go but Oye that airplane ride ugh. Julia
    having fun in the forums?.........what gave you that idea julia?.........hehe, oh btw....we are setting records every other day in georgia/bama land.......and im originaly from cali.....and i still cant take this heat here lol....

Sabrina thanks for sharing a little part of your life with us. I am sure your girls are enjoying learning all these cool things you have brought into their lives. One day you will see Japan and just imagine how kewl it will be to converse with them!!!! You are a good mom and a hands on mom and your giving to others as well. You have a very full life and keep us posted on how things are going in class, it's nice to see what people are doing besides cleaning fish tanks LOLOL. Julie

Chief, I could never move down south. The humidity and heat would kill me LOL. I think I'll stick to my cold winters (of course Cali is nice because it lacks much of the humidity of the south).

Julia, I've been discovering in my journey as a parent that teens need their parents as much as and possibly more than when they are little. I homeschool my girls and I love being with them. We've developed interests together (of course they have their own too) and that brings us closer because they can talk to me about this stuff and I know what they are talking about LOL.
    SabrinaD
    75 gallon
    65 gallon
    46 Bow front

Quote Originally Posted by SabrinaD View Post
    Chief, I could never move down south. The humidity and heat would kill me LOL. I think I'll stick to my cold winters (of course Cali is nice because it lacks much of the humidity of the south).

Julia, I've been discovering in my journey as a parent that teens need their parents as much as and possibly more than when they are little. I homeschool my girls and I love being with them. We've developed interests together (of course they have their own too) and that brings us closer because they can talk to me about this stuff and I know what they are talking about LOL.
    yea.......i grew up with santa ana wild fires yearly just like clock work......didnt think i would end up fighting fires in bama land.......