Thread: Yellow Anaconda

Default Yellow Anaconda

Yes folks, you've seen him in my avatar...and now I've decided to share my joy w/ Cichlid Forums.....BEHOLD, my pet Yellow Anaconda (Eunectes noteas):

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/o...icJan10164.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/o...icJan10161.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/o...icJan10269.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/o...icJan10242.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/o...icJan10243.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/o...icJan10267.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/o...icJan10166.jpg

Not a whole lot to explain, it's a 7-7.5 foot male, and for his species, he is a "giant", considering male yellows top out around 6 feet. Females are the giants of the Anacondas, and while a female Yellow may reach 20ft in EXTREME cases, they are more commonly found 10-12 feet. He is kept ina 75 gallon tank, w/ a 10-gallon rubbermaid water "dish". He spends about 75% of his life in water, in the wild or in captivity. Anacondas are typically very unpredictable and bite at random, as I have sustained several bites already. Anyhow, this is what I do and what i love: working w/ the aggressive and potentially dangerous animals no one else wants to work with Many of you may be wondering why I'm posting these pics of reptiles and amphibians....the answer is simply cuz all the fish pictures I have uploaded SUCK *SS and I need to take some new ones....lolololol, but i hope you guys enjoy this, it's not something you see everyday He gets a live rat every 2 weeks in Spring and Summer, and once every 2 months in Fall and Winter due to reduced metabolism as a result of temperature change. Not only does it constrict to kill, but it also drags it's prey underwater to make the kill even quicker, then proceeds to swallow it submerged. Anacondas are easily the thickest snakes on the planet, having TREMENDOUS girth. For example, a 30 Foot Reticulated Python (the world's LONGEST snake) would weigh about 250-275 lbs., a 30 foot Anaconda would weigh somewhere between 500-600lbs!!!
    Last edited by Victor Creed; 05-28-2010 at 10:42 PM.

That's awesome, what his name? I've held a snake a few times and I have to say I would get one myself but I have chinchillas and I don't want to risk it. One gulp and my babies are gone. I remember when I was in Florida on vacation I was about 5 years old and held a massive python and my parents were freaking out. Most girls don't like snakes but I love them, actually I love any animal. Doesn’t matter how aggressive, it’s just what they are.
    Two Jack Russell Terriers (Rocky & Jack)
    Three Parrots (birds) (Chiquita, Boomer & Aly)
    Green Spotted & Figure 8 Puffers
    Convict Fry
    Marbled Convict (Patches)
    Jellybean Parrot (Munchkin)
    Marbled Convict & Jellybean Fry
    Cobalt Blue Lobster (Lefty)
    Marble Crayfish

....yes I name my fish

Gorgeous.
    Patti the Pomeranian
    Houdini the Bearded Dragon
    Betta

Quote Originally Posted by Peeps View Post
    That's awesome, what his name? I've held a snake a few times and I have to say I would get one myself but I have chinchillas and I don't want to risk it. One gulp and my babies are gone. I remember when I was in Florida on vacation I was about 5 years old and held a massive python and my parents were freaking out. Most girls don't like snakes but I love them, actually I love any animal. Doesnít matter how aggressive, itís just what they are.
    His name is "Anakin"....haha...Anakin The Anaconda. I have also had an Albino Burmese Python, "Lockjaw", 2 regular pattern Burmese Python, one was a big male named "Destro" who was about 18 feet and over 200 lbs when he died. The other was a female which was heterozygous for Albino and Patternless named "Kira". I have also had a Colombian Redtail Boa, and 2 Ball Pythons as well.

@Cichnewbie - Thank You much, i love my babies....all of them.....even if they DO bite the living hell outta me.

That's a good name. Sorry he died, what did he die from? That's too bad.

even if they DO bite the living hell outta me.
    I know exactly what you mean, I have to parrots and they bite the crap out of me but I love them with all my heart. I would be lost without them.
    Convict Fry
    Marble Crayfish

....yes I name my fish

Destro died from a condition called "Stargazer's" it's a relatively unknown disease caused by and unknown pathogen and no one has figured out how to cure it yet either. Kira died from a respiratory infection. By the time I realized she had it, she was already dead. The only reason I knew it was so was cuz when i did an autopsy, i found the lungs filled with fluid.

How horrible, Im sorry!
    Convict Fry
    Marble Crayfish

....yes I name my fish