Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What Spawned For You Today?

Pseudotropheus sp. "Minutus Tanzania" Manda female #2 spawned today, and the Cynotilapia sp. "Lion" Magunga spawned too.
    Need to upload a cichlid photo? Check out the Cichlid Gallery, it is free and easy to use.
    Best of all, you don't have to leave this forum to access it!

Cichlid Gallery - Fin Rot Treatment - What Did You Do Today? - What Spawned For You Today?

Nikon D800 | Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 OS | Yongnuo YN-560II | Yongnuo RF-603 N3 | BrianStalterPhotography.com

another darn clutch of Red Jewel Cichlids I figured by putting the 2 and 3 inch parents in a 2.5 gallon it might discourage them from spawning again due to "inadequate space", but evidently not. This is the 5th clutch in less than a year. i'm seriously running out of space for babies and also people who are interested in keeping them.....including myself

FREE TO A GOOD HOME!!!! ANYONE???? YOU??? YOU???? HOW ABOUT YOU OVER THERE????

Ive had about 4-5 spawns in the past three days.
    L. fuelleborni Katale
    M. sp. Red Top Gallireya
    C. sp. Lion Lions Cove
    C. afra Nkhata Bay
    Need to upload a cichlid photo? Check out the Cichlid Gallery, it is free and easy to use.

Cichlid Gallery - Fin Rot Treatment - What Did You Do Today? - What Spawned For You Today?

Nikon D800 | Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 OS | Yongnuo YN-560II | Yongnuo RF-603 N3 | BrianStalterPhotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by tires View Post
    I had a Ruby Crystal Peacock hold on the 22nd and on the morning of the 23rd i saw one of my F1 afra cobue holding..... i hope they dont all decide to hold at the same time...lol.

My male white lab is really trying to mate..... i noticed the females' ovipositor was starting to become visible...so i guess we'll see what happens there....
    I have since found another afra cobue holding and the Nkata Bay white lab male finally had success!!!
    Can't live with 'em.........can't live with 'em.

I am not certain when they snuck in spa3wning but I have a holding Xenotilapia bathyphilus.
    The photocontest, like everything else is behind schedule. You get some links back today.

Two Saulosi, and one Trewavasae holding again...
    120G (72") with 29G sump/bio-tower, Emperor 400

Iodotropheus Sprengerae 'Rusty', Metriaclima sp. 'Mbweca', Pseudotropheus Saulosi, Aulonocara Jacobfreibergi 'Otter Point', Cyrtocara Moorii, Labeotropheus Trewavasae 'Zimbabwe Rock', Ancistrus sp. 'Albino Bristlenose Pleco', Synodontis Multipunctatus

My Tank

My Aulonocara stuartgranti cobue "Regal" spawned! One female currently holding!

Here's a pic of papa:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	royal.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	119.8 KB 
ID:	14611  

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSister View Post
    My Aulonocara stuartgranti cobue "Regal" spawned! One female currently holding!

Here's a pic of papa:
    very nice fish. i used to have those. awesome variant. i just cant believe more people dont have them, or at least give em a try, honestly. The best of the "blue" fish in the lake, IMO.

Well, I found fry in my 45g A. baenschi tank tonday. Also have an Albino Strawberry Peacock holding in my main tank.

It's been a good week for spawning again this weeks spawning activity includes:
    Labidochromis caeruleus,
    Met. Fainzilberi Makonde, &
    C. sp. "Hara" Gallireya Reef (which i grabbed a couple videos of then spawning)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNnwQsJxZMk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3nZuEFGcF8

Hope you enjoy Pan

Nice captures Pan!

Another A. Baeneshi lady holding. Great big mouthful from the look of it

My 3-4 year old, 8-inch Jack Dempseys

More info located HERE: http://www.cichlidforums.com/showthr...ewpost&t=40932

wait...is this thread JUST for African species or is it a Spawn-Thread in general? Do we have one in SA/CA or should I just use this for BOTH?

A male and female Convict in my Tiger Salamander Vivarium spawned some time earlier this week. The male is only 2 inches and the female is only an inch and i counted 17-18 babies, but there may be a few more hiding somewhere. This group of Convicts was an experimental colony set-up in a non-heated Vivarium which has sustained for over 2 Winters and with-stood temperatures of 56 Degrees, possibly lower. I thought they were all females, but i guess I was wrong . The "mates" happen to be brother and sister

Also, in my 70-gallon tank, 2 FEMALE Convicts paired up and laid a large clutch of white eggs, totally unfertilized, but they defend the nest vigorously, nonetheless. Anyone have any idea what's up with THAT????

white lab Nkhata Bay. a couple days ago. didnt get but 1 fry out of the first one....hopefully this time will be better. They are still very young yet.