Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What Spawned For You Today?

I moved my trio of Ps. sp. "Minutus Tanzania" Manda to the 20H tonight and I thought the one female had a slight bulge to her mouth but when I put her in the tank it didn't look out of the ordinary. However I checked on them tonight again and she wasn't eating with the rest of the tank and doin' the traditional 'holding female mouth chew' - so we'll see what happens. In any case, they'll probably be spending the next month or two in there as long as they don't beat on each other.

Really NEEDING these to spawn and get fry - need to make some money back on the parents, lol.
    Need to upload a cichlid photo? Check out the Cichlid Gallery, it is free and easy to use.
    Best of all, you don't have to leave this forum to access it!

Cichlid Gallery - Fin Rot Treatment - What Did You Do Today? - What Spawned For You Today?

Nikon D800 | Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 OS | Yongnuo YN-560II | Yongnuo RF-603 N3 | BrianStalterPhotography.com

My largest female Mbweca has a serious mouthful as of this past weekend.
    120G (72") with 29G sump/bio-tower, Emperor 400

Iodotropheus Sprengerae 'Rusty', Metriaclima sp. 'Mbweca', Pseudotropheus Saulosi, Aulonocara Jacobfreibergi 'Otter Point', Cyrtocara Moorii, Labeotropheus Trewavasae 'Zimbabwe Rock', Ancistrus sp. 'Albino Bristlenose Pleco', Synodontis Multipunctatus

My Tank

Noticed a C. sp. "Lion" Lion's Cove female holding tonight.
    Need to upload a cichlid photo? Check out the Cichlid Gallery, it is free and easy to use.

Cichlid Gallery - Fin Rot Treatment - What Did You Do Today? - What Spawned For You Today?

Nikon D800 | Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 OS | Yongnuo YN-560II | Yongnuo RF-603 N3 | BrianStalterPhotography.com

my Red zebra spit out about 30 fry yesterday.

I have baby guppies, lmao
    Patti the Pomeranian
    Houdini the Bearded Dragon
    Betta

Pretty crazy day in my tank. Wife sent me a text this morning saying that she was watching my C. sp. "Lion" Lion's Cove spawning.... and then early afternoon sent me another text saying that she was watching my C. sp. "Lion" Magunga spawning. Great day to be a lion I guess...

Sure enough, I post up my L. fuelleborni Katale for sale and the female decides to spawn today while the wife was at home watching... bad timing on the L. fuelleborni's part, good timing on the wife's part.

Melanochromis auratus is holdinbg again lol

Count me for another C. sp. "Lion" Lion's Cove. Hopefully this female holds longer than the rest - the last few have only held a few days and then they are eating again...

Holy crap my red zebra who spt out 30 fry on the 8th of feb, is holding again!! Jeesh they are like rabbits!

The spawning has been good in my tanks in the past weeks!
    What has spawned for me is:
    1 Labidochromis caeruleus
    1 Aulonocara sp. "Stuartgranti Maleri" (Maleri Is.)
    1 Sciaenochromis fryeri

1 Xystichromis phytophagus

Thanks Pan

Nice to have the pics to see the fish behind the name
    nice pics

Ugghhhh...My red Zebra is holding again! lol

How about I revive an old topic with some great news.....

Found a Pseudotropheus sp. "Minutus Tanzania" Manda female holding tonight. Had these since late Oct./early Nov. of 2009 - been a long time coming. Hopefully she'll hold two weeks....

To give you an idea of what these look like:

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-O0M8XGA7g[/M]

I had a Ruby Crystal Peacock hold on the 22nd and on the morning of the 23rd i saw one of my F1 afra cobue holding..... i hope they dont all decide to hold at the same time...lol.

My male white lab is really trying to mate..... i noticed the females' ovipositor was starting to become visible...so i guess we'll see what happens there....
    Can't live with 'em.........can't live with 'em.