Thread: Jaguar or Dovii

Default Jaguar or Dovii

Hello, both these fish look pretty similar, and now I am confused. I thought I had a jag for the longest time but then while looking around I saw that most jags dont have the strong lateral blocks that the dovii does. My fish is very well colored with very pronounce blocked coloring and about 9" long but he/she doesnt have any visible teeth yet. I may have a picture at home to show post. But, what do you guys think?
    Tiger O, Jack, Green Severum, Pleco

If you could get a pic up I'm sure some one could help.

Rex

Yeah, a pic would help a lot. It's pretty hard to tell from your description. The Jag and the Dovi have noticealbe difference both in their body profile and in their coloration. The other thing you can do is check out Mojo's pics of his fish and compare them to yours. He has pics of both Jags and Dovi. Also, keep in mind that there are several color variations of the Jag, but this one is one of the more common colorations.

http://www.aquamojo.com/pics.html

Let us know if this helps. If not, please post a pic and we'll see what we can do.
    Is this the support group for Fishaholics?

It is a jag! Thanks guys for all the help.
    Here is a pic

[img:2368d31c1c]http://images.cardomain.com/installs/205000-205999/205968_54_full.jpg[/img:2368d31c1c]

Oh yeah definantly a Managuense. Sorry, it took me so long to reply. I had seen almost the exact same post somewhere else and it had already been replied to several times. I figured you were the same guy, but you weren't. Sorry. Got any more pics? They look good

Rex

That is a nice looking fish! What is the tank mate you can barely see on the left of the pic? I am glad we could help. Please post some more pics of your fish for us.
    Is this the support group for Fishaholics?

The tank mate to the left of the picture is a black belt. I no longer have that fish it became too aggresive towards the managuense, which besides my tiger oscar is my pride and joy. It was my fault that the fish didnt get along I had them in a 38 gallon aquarium before I bought my new tank which is a 65 and it is over filtered with a tetratec pf 500 and a penguin biowheel 330 powered by the 190 powerhead. I have never seen water so clear. Here is a pic of the oscar from the old tank with the black belt. I will try to get more pics in the future. By the, I know the oscar needs a larger tank but this is the largest I can have in my apartment. When I get a house he will move into either a 125 or 150 with his friends

[img:604de05c90]http://images.cardomain.com/installs/205000-205999/205968_55_full.jpg[/img:604de05c90]

those are some nice fish
    jesse,
    madgamer89

Hey..those fish are murderers. Look, they've killed a black guy and tried to bury him under the gravel but you can see his hand sticking out.
    Sombody call the cops

[quote:bd5ced765d="Mac"]Hey..those fish are murderers. Look, they've killed a black guy and tried to bury him under the gravel but you can see his hand sticking out.
    Sombody call the cops[/quote:bd5ced765d]

Mac you have a strange sense of humor. That is driftwood. The fish are in a larger tank with smaller substrate for digging and they are happy and growing