Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is SUPER GLUE tank safe?

Default is SUPER GLUE tank safe?

used super glue to bond something i want to put in my tank.

Will the super glue hurt my water or fish?

i heard lots of people use instant bonding glue for aquarium stuff.

mine brand is "3M" and has an adition spray on liquid for faster instant bonding.

so is super glue tank safe?

i would say no. aquarium safe silicone is all i would use
    <3 Kitty

I do use a super glue gel product in my salt water set up for gluing frags to disks for placement in the tank and have never had a problem. I've seen it done trouble free lots, I couldn't imagine it being unusable in a fresh water setup just because SW is alot more finicky.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I do use a super glue gel product in my salt water set up...
    Can you post a link where to buy it online?
    Quote Originally Posted by cichgirl View Post
    I saw a bionic kenyi with carnivorous dental implants. It was terrifying.

Larry is talking about the gel version of super glue. It's my understanding that reefers have been using it for years in thier setups and heck I use it instead of band aids and stitches.
    The photocontest, like everything else is behind schedule. You get some links back today.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaive View Post
    Larry is talking about the gel version of super glue. It's my understanding that reefers have been using it for years in thier setups and heck I use it instead of band aids and stitches.
    Of course you do... However, you are not a fragile gentle cichlid we are talking about here.
    Seriously though, SW and fresh water would be very different in terms of their ability to extract chemicals from any substance. I wouldn't assume that because it is safe in SW it is safe in fresh set ups as well.
    However, at the face value, salt water should be more aggressive in extracting than fresh one. If salt water inhabitants can tolerate it, fresh water ones should, too. But it is a pure assumption.
    125g: Cyphotilapia frontosa
    72g BF: Labidochromis caeruleus, Iodotropheus sprengerae, Pseudotropheus sp. "Acei" (Msuli), Pseudotropheus cyaneorhabdos (Maingano), Metriaclima estherae

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to lerne..." Geoffrey Chaucer
    "I wouldn't carry the son-of-a-bitch if it wasn't dangerous." Texas Ranger Charlie Miller

Check this out. Might help! http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/29154
    Hello. And welcome! Will work for Victorians!!
    My first video!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrczj...ature=youtu.be

Super glue or crazy glue is perfectly safe for freshwater. I have used it before without any problems. Crazy glue was designed to close human wounds. Try to make sure its dry first.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorV View Post
    Of course you do... However, you are not a fragile gentle cichlid we are talking about here.
    Seriously though, SW and fresh water would be very different in terms of their ability to extract chemicals from any substance. I wouldn't assume that because it is safe in SW it is safe in fresh set ups as well.
    However, at the face value, salt water should be more aggressive in extracting than fresh one. If salt water inhabitants can tolerate it, fresh water ones should, too. But it is a pure assumption.
    Why do I picture the Doc stepping away from his keyboard and immediately going for the digital microipettes, graduated cylinders and beakers?
    =========
    Been out of sight and out of (my) mind for a while. Thinking of getting another tank or 4 and rebuilding the fish room.
    =========
    check out my webpage, not fish related but a great way to kill some time! www.buenojoe.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
    Why do I picture the Doc stepping away from his keyboard and immediately going for the digital microipettes, graduated cylinders and beakers?

Let it be a reminder to you people that this organization will not tolerate failure... Bwahahahahaha....
    125g: Cyphotilapia frontosa
    72g BF: Labidochromis caeruleus, Iodotropheus sprengerae, Pseudotropheus sp. "Acei" (Msuli), Pseudotropheus cyaneorhabdos (Maingano), Metriaclima estherae

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to lerne..." Geoffrey Chaucer
    "I wouldn't carry the son-of-a-bitch if it wasn't dangerous." Texas Ranger Charlie Miller

This truly is a "cich" group of people we have here. You gotta love it!!

Hey now the crazy glue really does wonders for cuts. My head lac was to the bone and around an inch it healed in 2 weeks. All hail crazy glue. ;)
    The photocontest, like everything else is behind schedule. You get some links back today.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaive View Post
    Hey now the crazy glue really does wonders for cuts. My head lac was to the bone and around an inch it healed in 2 weeks. All hail crazy glue. ;)
    Hailing it is one thing but quit sniffing it! OK???

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff F. View Post
    Hailing it is one thing but quit sniffing it! OK???
    Huffing, hailing, sniffing, its all the same.

It's odoriferous for a reason. Take a whiff, glue wound, take a whiff, glue wound, take a whiff, take a whiff, forget the pain, forget the blood...forget your name.
    =========
    Been out of sight and out of (my) mind for a while. Thinking of getting another tank or 4 and rebuilding the fish room.
    =========
    check out my webpage, not fish related but a great way to kill some time! www.buenojoe.com

um... for that effect, I think I'll stick with:

Quote Originally Posted by cichgirl View Post
    I saw a bionic kenyi with carnivorous dental implants. It was terrifying.