Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vix Pix

its been a bit since i posted a few pictures they arent my best by far.

pundamilia nyereri ruti small male

my very young male mbipia mbipi

bre im looking for some new pics of your new fish.
    chilotes wanted.

Nice pics once again!!!!! Well, here is one but they obviously don't look like much just being little fry.

xystichromis phytophagus

pundamilia nyereri
    chilotes wanted.

OK, been a few so I thought I'd update my Victorian status. The kyoga flameback is quickly becoming one of my favorites. The colors on the dominant male are absolutely incredible!(thanks Kevin) I'll throw out a couple pictures here but they're not the greatest. My kyoga and rf piebald NEVER sit still!

First my Kyoga Flameback-

This is of my Red fin piebald that is just starting to color up some at about 2". Should be really nice when gets a little bigger.

And my mbipea cf lutea which is just plain beautiful!

Sorry Kevin. My holding mbipea spit when I was on vacation but I'm keeping my eyes open!
    Hello. And welcome! Will work for Victorians!!
    My first video!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrczj...ature=youtu.be

pundamilia nyereri igombe island

chilotes wanted.

here are a few more of my nyereri, this guy get better looking every day.
    jeff where are your pictures? kevin give us some more please!

chilotes wanted.

OK, all is well here in my miniature Lake Victoria. All fish are doing well. I rounded up a few more pictures but photobucket keeps giving me an error message when I try to upload. I did manage to get a few though.
    First I'll start with my kyoga flamebacks that I got from Kevin. These are an incredibly beautiful fish and I have my first female ready to strip any day now!

And now another of my Mbipea cf Lutea which are just an incredible looking fish. Still haven't had a successful spawn out of these guys yet!

This is a Rock Krib strain that I haven't positively identified yet but it is a real looker. I know Kevin will move it if it belongs in the "hybrid" thread.

And one more of my Red Fin Piebalds which are doing well. It's really hard to get pictures that show the great colors that are apparent on these guys. Good strain though!

Last edited by Jeff F.; 06-06-2009 at 11:13 AM.

Hmmm. What could these be?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG8932.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	227.0 KB 
ID:	12442   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG8935.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	432.2 KB 
ID:	12443  

ok i know that these are common but i thought id post a few of hap. sp. 44 red tail.

chilotes wanted.

chilotes wanted.

mbipia mbipi

chilotes wanted.

My LFS owner had a tank set up at a school and he just broke it down and offered me the inhabitants. The fish are a group of rock kribensis that he says he purchased as F1's. There's 4 males and 2 females, 3 of the males are nearly 5" long and different from any of the usual fish of this species that I usually see. First some pictures of the males.

And this is what the females look like. They're in the 3" range.

Still not sure if I'm gonna pick them up yet but would appreciate any feedback on them.

Ok, a few new Vix Pix to satisfy the hunger for the species some of us have fallen for so deeply! I'll include a few updates from my domain of Little Victoria with the new pictures.
    First I'll start with the beautiful mbipea cf lutea. Sorry Kevin, my holding female lost her first batch but I'm hoping for more action soon.

Next I'll show a picture of my "ruby green". Out of all the fry I got fro Kevin, I ended up with 4 females so I'm trying to hook them up with this guy. He's more interested in showing off for the yellow top mbamba I have in the tank though!

Next is the "red fin piebald" female which is FINALLY holding so I'm looking forward to my first spawn.

And now on to the "kyoga flameback" which is in a class of it's own. These guys are knockouts when they put on their breeding colors. Sorry Ross, out of the seven fry I had, one died and 5 appear to have been sucked through the bottom of the nursery.(one left) I'll call it a learning experience and keep your name on the list for the next batch.

Next I had a pair of "rock kribensis" that got to big to hang with the juvies they were housed with. The male is about 2.5" and I did what I totally wouldn't recommend to beginners. I housed them with 2 small EBJD's, an angel, and 6 juvie
    "maleri islands". They're doing well together and i really like the composition so I'm sticking to it for now! Sorry about the poor picture but you'll have those occeasionally!

I've got juvie "christmas fulu's" and "zebra obliquidens" coming out my ears so if anyone is interested please PM me. And last but not least. Love your Vics!

jeff doesnt that big piece of wood really drop your ph? either way nice fish.

here are some more of mine i hope you dont get tiered of the nyereri pics.

rock krib.

pundamilia nyereri

red back scraper

fulu

mbipia mbipi

chilotes wanted.

Today i was trying out some different settings on my canon sd750. figured i would post a few of my Pundamilia nyererei.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7-2-09 059.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	12604   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7-2-09 066.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	12605   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7-2-09 067.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	12606   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7-2-09 071.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	12607   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7-2-09 076.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	12608