Thread: Air bubbles

Default Air bubbles

New tank that is 5 days old and it has thousands of micro air bubbles (or looks that way) floating everywhere in the tank. I am currently running an Emperor 400 on a 46 gallon. any suggestions to what this is? also, one of my rocks has a white moss-like substance around it. any suggestions?

The moss like substance is a type of fungas. Are you feeding the tank already (feeding fish in the tank that is)?

The micro air bubbles are common to a new tank that has been filled with cold water (or water that was cold just before leaving the tap). Many causes actually..............

Well, now that I re-read your post, do you mean they are all floating, or are they floating and within the water column too?

chc, thanks for your quick reply, yes I'm feeding the tank, 1 day after i set-up the tank I put in 7 cichlids to begin the nitrogen cycle. the ammonia spiked pretty high so I put in "cycle" and hopefully it will go down. Will the fungas go away? the white moss stuff is only on the rock with lots of wholes (and orangy in color) - will this go away?

as for the air bubbles, just seems like tiny little bubbles floating throughout the tank, more in the middle/top of the tank, but everywhere. Doesn't seem to be a problem?