Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What kind of food do you use to feed your fish???

I sometimes use NLS, but lately I've been feeding Ken's Fish foods. I find there is less fish waste in my tanks when I feed something other than NLS.
    The only thing from Ken's that I've ever had fish refuse to eat were the "Soft & Moist Krill Pellets". But my larger fish enjoy the variety pack of "Ken's Sticks", the smaller fish are enjoying the "cichlid pellets" and the "color pellets", and all of them eat the "Veggie Flake" like it's got crack in it.
    Mom to crazyfishspeakerbabies 4/20/11 & 10/26/12 <3

Default food

I feed them wardley and omega one works for them

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfishlady View Post
    I sometimes use NLS, but lately I've been feeding Ken's Fish foods. I find there is less fish waste in my tanks when I feed something other than NLS.
    The only thing from Ken's that I've ever had fish refuse to eat were the "Soft & Moist Krill Pellets". But my larger fish enjoy the variety pack of "Ken's Sticks", the smaller fish are enjoying the "cichlid pellets" and the "color pellets", and all of them eat the "Veggie Flake" like it's got crack in it.
    Any particular brand of Veggie Flakes?

Smile Hikari cichlid gold

I FEED THE HIKARI CICHLID GOLD PELETS, I'VE USED THE CICHLID STAPLE ALSO. I FEED THEM THE PELETS IN THE MORNING AND I FEED THEM FROZEN CUBES IN THE EVENING. I HAVE A VARIETY OF THE FROZEN CUBES: BLOODWORMS (THEY ARE THEIR FAVE), TUBIFLEX WORMS, KRILL, SPIRULINA BRINE SHRIMP, AND AN OCCASIONAL BEEFHEART ( I HAVE QUIT FEEDING THIS B/C I HAVE HEARD THAT IT ISN'T READILY DIGESTED....IT DOES CAUSE GROWTH RATES TO INCREASE), THEN AS A TREAT I HAVE SOME FREEZE DRIED EARTHWORMS, BLOODWORMS, AND KRILL. THEN SOMETIMES I GIVE THEM (AS A TREAT) SEACHEM NUTRI-DIET RIVER SHRIMP, AND FISH EGGS. THAT SEEMS TO BRING OUT THEIR HUNTING INSTINCT, WHEN I FEED IT TO THEM THEY ATTACK THE LITTLE SHRIMP. THEY ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS. I WILL ON OCCASION FEED THEM THAWED FROZEN PEAS. THAT'S A LOT OF FOOD I KNOW BUT I LIKE TO GIVE THEM VARIETY AND I THINK THEY LOVE IT, RATHER THAN EATING THE SAME THING EVERYDAY.

DONT GET ME WRONG, THEY DONT EAT ALL OF THIS STUFF IN ONE DAY I STRETCH IT OUT. I MEAN THEY COULDN'T EAT ALL THE TYPES OF FOOD I HAVE FOR THEM IN A WEEK!
    150 GAL ALL GLASS FRESHWATER SET-UP, WITH SAND AND RIVER ROCKS FOR GRAVEL, 2 PENGUIN 330, & AN EHEIM CANISTER FILTER, HYDOR HEATERS, 3 TIGER OSCARS, "THE ENFORCER", "LIL E", "BERTHA, ALBINO/STRAWBERRY OSCAR NAMED "PINKY", 1 GREEN TERROR (SHE ISN'T A TERROR AT ALL! HE IS THE SWEETEST LIL FISH I HAVE EVER HAD!) NAMED "FIDO", 2 BABY CHANNEL CATS 1 NAMED "SPOT" AND1 NAMED "ROCKY", AND 1 PLECO NAMED B.J.

Blood worm, Krill and Tetra cichlid flakes. They go crazy over the frozen foods.

yes NLS is great! And my local fish store has different sizes..so i have some for the pigs and the youngsters

Ive us ed NLS and great results. Now I've been using Dianchi. I bought some really cheap at an auction. My fish seem to enjoy it, just the same. I also like HBH Super Veggie flake, for my veggie eaters. I like mysis shrimp, sometimes brine, cyclops and rotifers for fry. I do feed bloodworms, but only to the guys who arent veggie eaters. Most my fronts get them and my shellies.

I was going to ask this very question and found this forum but my question is a little bit more detail what about if you have smaller cichlids in the tank with larger ones how do you assure that that little guys get their food, without over feeding the larger ones?

So far i've only used a couple kinds. But my big oscar LOVES the hikari cichlid gold, and i also use hikari algae wafers for my pleco, which the oscar seems to enjoy also lol, so i've gotta trick him, put his food in one corner while i drop the algae wafer behind him for the pleco to eat when the lights go out. My question is, how much should i feed my oscar? hes about 12 inchs i usually give him 10-15 pellets every other day, and sometimes i give him a couple on the in between days if hes up at his normal feeding spot. even with 10-15 pellets he would still eat loads more im sure, but as far as keeping him healthy and minimizing the waste, how much should i feed him?

Quote Originally Posted by K_Labs View Post
    I buy spirulina by the pound at my LFS for 16 dollars. I think its 15 dollars for 4oz. at my other LFS. Then I also feed Hakari <<<could be wrong cichlid gold
    I also use spirulina and hakari they luv tried nls no keen on it
    6x2x2 tank

698.38 liters

Fx5 Fluval cannister filter

Under gravel filter powered by 2 aqua clear 70 power heads

1x green terror
    1x midas
    3x sevrums
    2x scat
    1x bristlenose
    1x fire eel
    1x pictus
    2x jack dempseys
    5x clown loach
    1x birchar
    6x plecs mixed var
    1x silver shark
    1x tinfoil barb
    1x tapila

Default falling asleep until this!

Quote Originally Posted by AulonocaraFreak View Post
    my fish love to eat fish food... it's their favorite...
    hehe good one...Live and learn, if your not doing something right the fish will tell you! Build it and they will grow.

omega one, assorted frozen foods, live guppies or minnows or commits or shrimp, peas that have been shelled, romain lettuce, dried kelp. mix it up cichlids love it all n its good for them to have a diet that gets it all

Default reply

If you have mawayi used seaweed they will tear at it
    Mubuna Man

My JD loves Japanese Beetles from my back garden.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=japan...ient=firefox-a

He crunches them up. He looks great after a few months of them.

Beetles

I had a hard time feeding them superworms. I won't get those again as I don't like doing the girly screams.
    Patti the Pomeranian
    Houdini the Bearded Dragon
    Betta