Thread: Rusty

Default Rusty

Does anyone have any good photos of their Rusty Cichlids that they wouldn't mind sharing?
    I am looking into stockin my tank with these but haven't been able to find a good photo of one.

The only one that I can find is the Lavendar Mbuna and even that picture isn't very good.

Are they attractive fish??
    Thanks!
    Jessica

If you do a search under Iodotropheus sprengerae you should find pictures. I have some pics on my web site but it is of a male that was quite old by the time I had a digital camera. I would imagine RustyNut will come to the rescue soon and show his pics.

They are not as colorful as most other mbuna, but they were always one of my favorites. Their color and body shape is really unique and they have a reasonably mild temperment (for mbuna). If you do get them, I doubt you will be disapointed.

Kevin

Thanks! Since I am looking for a mild tank, it seems like they will be part of the community. I will google the Iodotropheus sprengerae and see what I find. I was just doing Rusty so maybe this will be a bit better.

Thanks again

Default Rusty Pics

Hi, here is a picture I had on my computer showing one of my 5 Rusty's that I bought from Rustynut. They are a beautiful fish, with some nice purple to him (bottom right of pic). Two of my females are holding right now - so Rusty's fish are good breeders too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rusty.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	8150  

I wish I was a good photographer... I just can't seem to get a shot that truly does justice to the Rusty Cichlid!!!! Its so unusually coloured in ways that you can't ever seem to capture.

^The above picture is nice, but still is far from the actual fish.
    "Cichlids aren't aggressive, they are territorial. Aggression is a response to inadequate territory for their breeding and feeding needs."

"A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

My Tanks

Light Rusty, light. ;)
    The photocontest, like everything else is behind schedule. You get some links back today.

Awesome photo Kevin, thanks so much. They really are beautiful and I have not seen a photo that captures their color like that.

Kevin38 thanks for your photo too, that helps me see them with the yellow colored mbuna . What other fish do you have in your tank?

Rusty Nut...Do you ship your Rusties? If not how do you pick a "good" one at the LFS? By good I mean healthy blah blah. I have checked out your other photos on the rock haven site and your tanks look amazing. I love the rock work! Gives me something to aspire to
    Last edited by jnewbie; 04-01-2007 at 05:15 PM.

Wow! That is the best shot I have seen of a rusty ever! Really! The Rusty is not show quality, but is well above average... the quality of the shot is just about perfect though!
    "Cichlids aren't aggressive, they are territorial. Aggression is a response to inadequate territory for their breeding and feeding needs."

"A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

My Tanks