Thread: Is it worth it to use a RO system?

Default Is it worth it to use a RO system?

I live in Florida where the water is high in ph and very hard. I currently have two tanks, one is a 110 gal and the other is a 75 gal. I have Angels in the 110 gal tank and African's in the 75 gal. All fish seem to be doing fine-though no breeding is going on which is fine with me. I am setting up two other tanks, a 375 gal for Africans and a 350 gal for an Angel-community tank. Would you go to a RO system if you were me and why?

No need for the RO system for your africans. If you dont care about breeding angels them dont worry about it. RO systems can get expensive.

I was going to use an RO for my africans, but all the stuff they remove is what the fish like...so I didn't bother. If you were going to do a tropical planted then RO would be usefull, as for Marine set up's as well.

If you are really wanting to do something I would just do a dechlorinator into a large container.
    =========
    Been out of sight and out of (my) mind for a while. Thinking of getting another tank or 4 and rebuilding the fish room.
    =========
    check out my webpage, not fish related but a great way to kill some time! www.buenojoe.com