Thread: I can't win!

Angry I can't win!

I can't stand this. I bought my AllGlass 75g aquarium (which is still empty) and figured I would make a diy stand. I paid $279 for the tank alone. This was the best deal in town at the time. After failing miserably on the stand I broke down and bought the AllGlass black pine stand for $179. Now a competitor of my lfs, which I visit to browse but never buy from (he really screwed me and the wife over on a Front death) has the same tank, priced in a combo with stand, lights, heater, glass tops and $75 gift card free w/purchase for $299.

Someone please fill my empty 75 up with water and drown me in it.
    =========
    Been out of sight and out of (my) mind for a while. Thinking of getting another tank or 4 and rebuilding the fish room.
    =========
    check out my webpage, not fish related but a great way to kill some time! www.buenojoe.com

WOW sorry, yep that would have been a great deal.

isn't that the way it always works though? when we have the money, no deals, when we are broke, everyone and their uncle has an offer.

Bummer!

Best way to get over it at this point is to get that tank up and running.

wow I can get a 75g with hood/lights combo for only $199... even the tank cost seems high....
    "Cichlids aren't aggressive, they are territorial. Aggression is a response to inadequate territory for their breeding and feeding needs."

"A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

My Tanks

What?! $199? Is that an AllGlass or Perfecto, or Top Fin?

Im shopping around for some tropheus moliro for it now. Hopefully it will be full soon.
    =========
    Been out of sight and out of (my) mind for a while. Thinking of getting another tank or 4 and rebuilding the fish room.
    =========
    check out my webpage, not fish related but a great way to kill some time! www.buenojoe.com

AGA tank, but that was a "special"
    "Cichlids aren't aggressive, they are territorial. Aggression is a response to inadequate territory for their breeding and feeding needs."

My Tanks

"things" are supposed to be more expensive in NY. Was it a leaker? Missing a pane of glass? Bottomless?
    =========
    =========

Actually many things are CHEAPER in NY because of the volume... cars are a good example... and no, its was a new tank with full warranty....

My Tanks

Born to lose, destined to fail.....
    =========
    =========

damn, wish i could find a deal like that.....theres a 46G bow front with stand at my wal-mart for $269 and i thought that was a good deal

Yeah a 55 gallon with stand hood and lights is about 300 dollars in Western Pennsylvania...

Im horrible, i look in the classifieds for tanks anymore lol
    certainty of death? small chance of success?...what are we waiting for ?!

heck yeah on looking in classifieds... i am trying to find a good deal on a 125g for my boyfriend to buy me for birthday/christmas... i am desperate to find as good a deal as possible.
    <3 Kitty

I check the bargain box of the classifieds constantly, and when the wife goes out yard saleing she keeps an eye out also. I am doing the same for a 125....I really don't want to pay retail.
    =========
    =========

prices are insane on tanks sometimes... even used ones!
    <3 Kitty