Thread: New buddy

Question New buddy

Alright, I recently obtained a very beautiful,exceptionally bright Peacock bass.He is currently about 6 in. long compared to the 3 in. he was about a month ago. I have him in a 37 gallon right now, and please don't respond telling me he needs a bigger tank, as soon as he gets about 10 in. I'm moving him to a 200. This is the first peacock that I have owned, and he is an EXTREMELY odd one.

Since I'm new to the whole peacock game, does anyone have any advice for me? And I may obtain a female soon(for free, I'm friends with an ex-vet from the baltimore zoo, he owns a petshop) and I was wondering how valuable the babies would be. I've been told people pay big money for these guys.

i would move him into a larger tank before 10 inches and until then frequent water changes as they can be sensitive to poor water conditions
    my tanks 125 gallon 2 tiger dats
    2 120 longs 1 has p bass the other dovi festae .90 gallon with clown knife 55 gallon young snake heads 38 gallon lelupi and demasoni awesome combo and 20 with pair of julichromis

Go for around 10 bucks each on aquabid for small ones.

http://community.webshots.com/user/darkdeacon
    Charlotte, North Carolina and surrounding areas.
    http://www.aquacharlotte.com/

if the babies turn out red 10 to 20 bucks for them a aquabid each.anything bigger than 3 inches. i would go over 50.
    Its good Canadian weather.....the snows coming straight down, or slightly to the side.