Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Estherae

Default Estherae

Just thought I would share this picture of my male at full stretch

Cheers

Rich

Where did you get lucky enough to find a blue male?
    75g-
    2 Lab. Zebra Lundo's, 1 Yellow Dorsal Afras, 6 Yellow Labs, 1 Red Zebras, 1 Jalo Reef Afra, 2 Aulonocara Blue Neon Peacocks, 1 albino Socolofi, 1 Acei, 5 Ps. Flavus, 1 unknow Afra, 1 Syno. Eupterus

29g-
    3 Ps. Polits, 1 Syno. Petricola, 1 Haplochromis sp. 44, 1 Red Zebra, numerous yellow labs, numerous Flavus babies.

My Fishies

Originally posted by tarralb
    Rich is in the UK. The blue males are much more common there than they are in the US.

Kevin

My LFS gets his fish from Stuart Grant via another dealer. I much prefer the blue males which I think are stunning fish

cheers

Rich

Well maybe I'll make a trip over there then. Haha j/k. Well he is a beautiful fish! I have two orange ones which are coming along nicely...don't know their sex yet but we'll see.
    75g-
    2 Lab. Zebra Lundo's, 1 Yellow Dorsal Afras, 6 Yellow Labs, 1 Red Zebras, 1 Jalo Reef Afra, 2 Aulonocara Blue Neon Peacocks, 1 albino Socolofi, 1 Acei, 5 Ps. Flavus, 1 unknow Afra, 1 Syno. Eupterus

29g-
    3 Ps. Polits, 1 Syno. Petricola, 1 Haplochromis sp. 44, 1 Red Zebra, numerous yellow labs, numerous Flavus babies.

My Fishies

Well maybe I'll make a trip over there then.
    If you really want them bad enough there are two wild-caught blue males for sale at an LFS in Columbus.

Kevin

Wow...thats a nice lookin fish.

I am so jealous
    You know your a fish geek when the LFS offers you a job and you havent even inquired!

Originally posted by squidfish
    My LFS gets his fish from Stuart Grant via another dealer. I much prefer the blue males which I think are stunning fish

cheers

Rich
    Me too and that fish like all of yours is just a stunning specimen.

Great fish
    Tiny purple fishes run laughing through your fingers

Is it aquarium adventure? If not, what is it and how much are they? I go to aquarium adventure a lot and I have seen some real cool wild caughts there.
    75g-

29g-

My Fishies

what kinda camera do you use and how many pixels? VERY PRETTY

Originally posted by bloodline
    what kinda camera do you use and how many pixels? VERY PRETTY
    The picture was taken using a Canon 20D which is 8.5 megapixels. However, there is a lot of misconception about megapixels and digital photography. More megapixels tends to normally mean you can just print out to a larger size without losing quality.

Cheers

Rich

Is it aquarium adventure?
    Yes

....and how much are they?
    $40 each (I think?)

Be prepared. The males do not look anywhere near as nice as squidfishes picture.

Kevin

Thank you I don't know if I could get out there anyway. That's expensive, I'd worry the fish would die. So what happens if a blue male breeds with an orange female, since females aren't ever blue, right? Would you get a mix of orange and blue babies? Because I'm assuming if you breed two orange ones all the babies would be orange as well.
    75g-

29g-

My Fishies

So what happens if a blue male breeds with an orange female, since females aren't ever blue, right? Would you get a mix of orange and blue babies? Because I'm assuming if you breed two orange ones all the babies would be orange as well.
    You do indeed get a mix of orange and blue, well the young males actually start out brown. Here is a fry shot

cheers

Rich

oh.. how did you make the picture come out so nice and crisp. with out the background showing through. What fish is this my bule cobalt looks alot like this.