Thread: clown loach injury?

Default clown loach injury?

I noticed suddenly one of my clown loaches laying on his side in the bottom of the tank....thought he was dead, but then he moved as if he was trying to swim up for food but just kind of swam in circles upside down. My water is fine, all my other fish in the tank are fine, There is no evidence of disease at all. He has been this way for 4 days now. He even attempts to eat off the bottom like he is suppose to, but has a really hard time because he cant seem to get off of his side at the bottom of the tank. It almost looks as if his back is broken! I feel so bad for him, but I dont know what to do! Let him stay this way or put him out of his misery? Also, he seems to be breathing kind of heavy. I thought for sure hed be dead by now, but he looks so healthy otherwise and he tries to eat! Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanx!

Loaches fiegn death to attract prey in the wild, they emmulate that behavior in tanks.
    too many fish not enough tank

they would do this for as long as 4 or 5 days?? I havent seen him act normal at all for this long!!
    Thanx!
    Angel

with a clown loach, because of the play-dead behaviour, i would wait a long while before doing anything.

If it's not what SGypsy said it then it could be some kind of swim bladder problem.

Don't know much about loaches, but the same would occur in any fish with a swim bladder infection, etc.

Just a suggestion.

Good luck!
    Just one more fish...I sware it's the last one!

Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.

Thanx for all of your replys....unfortunately my little loach died I dont know what could have happened. Everyone else in the tank is perfectly fine and the water tests fine.Ive never had any luck with scavenger type fish in that tank for some reason. Im thinking of draining it and starting all over again. Theres got to be a reason for it! Evidentally its something that only affects certain types of fish. Thanx again!
    angel

:cry:

I am sorry about your fish.

I know loaches are extremely sensitive in terms of bacteria, etc. Just to be sure, watch your other guys (loaches) and see if they are ok over time.
    Just one more fish...I sware it's the last one!

Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.