PDA

View Full Version : Just Saying Hello!

Scotty
09-11-2002, 10:15 AM
Hey Everyone! 8) I've been looking for a friendly cichlid board to post on, and this one seems pretty cool. In addition to the fact that this is probably the only board I've looked at without any flaming, it's nice to see that Sgypsymermaid posts here. I know her from another board and she's one of the nicest people I've ever spoken to on an aquarium site :wink:

I've been keeping fish for about 30 years. Lately, I've been shifting from being heavily into reefs and Malawi cichlids, and more into Tanganyika and Victoria cichlids. In addition to the cichlids, I also maintain a large, planted Amazon tank, rainbows, cories and a really cool tank with only gobies.

If anybody here likes to trade, I currently have young of two (soon to be three) types of Victoria haps. I also will have several different types of "Tangs", Pelvicachromis Sps, and other odds and ends periodically. I also always have extra Java Moss and other plant cuttings available.

Anyway, thanks for reading! I'd be glad to here from anyone who
feels like responding 8)

Rudy
09-11-2002, 10:20 AM
Welcome aboard Scotty (so to speak)

Always glad to have one more. The people on this board are probably the most knowledgable and great to talk to. Sgyspiemermaid is definately one of the tops. I am sure your 30 years will come in handy as very few can say that.

:D

SGypsyMermaid
09-11-2002, 10:21 AM
hiya scotty--welcome aboard!! this is a nice friendly place--we like to talk about fish-keeping, we love a good laugh--and we're looking for a few good men and women!! :lol:

SGypsyMermaid
09-11-2002, 10:26 AM
hey scott--i haven't forgotten about those large mouths that i promised you--they're doing very well. i haven't gotten a good look at them, yet. remember i've been keeping them in that rubbermaid tub--so, i only get to look down on them. but i caught one of the larger males the other day, just to get a look at him, and he's coloring up! the big guys are about 2" nose to tail!

Scotty
09-11-2002, 10:47 AM
Hey Rudy- Thanks for the welcome 8) I'm always glad to help anyone who needs it, especially if any of you cichlidophiles decide to branch out into marine or planted tanks.

Sgypsymermaid- Still holding those largemouths huh? :P Let me know when you're ready for some more too! Right now I have about 40 newborn, and 30- 1/4" Hap. Sp. Bloyeti Greens, and 20 or 30 something X-mas Fulus. I'm also currently siliconing a glass divider into a 6', 80 gal tank to hold two more Hap species. I'm getting an adult, wild group of Hap. Sp. Blue Bar Hippo Point from Tim next week. I'll keep the other half open for the Largemouths if you still have them.

SGypsyMermaid
09-11-2002, 10:56 AM
keep that spot open for the largemouths--you are guaranteed a group of them. i also have some more shipping materials for you. i keep promising to straighten out my sewing room so that i can move the sewing stuff that's in the fishroom to where it belongs so that i can set up another couple of tanks! did you get largemouths from tim, also?

Scotty
09-11-2002, 12:31 PM
Hey, no I saw that Tim had Largemouths, but I held off because I knew you already offered me some. Let me know the next time you're heading out to LI and I'll hook you up with some fishies :D

SGypsyMermaid
09-11-2002, 01:51 PM
done deal!