PDA

View Full Version : Ebo Jager Woes

jnorris
01-08-2003, 07:59 PM
I have a Ebo 200 Watt that is keeping my 90 gallon tanks water temperature at 83-4 Farenheit (my outside tank temperature is at 73). (I need it at 79-80) I have digital themometers in most of my tanks and they seem accurate. No matter what I do with the thermostat the water temperature is kept at that temperature.
I bought a new Ebo Jager 250 watt to repalce it. Is there any suggestions that I could do to fix this issue? I might send the original one back for a new one.

The heater is 6 months old, I am thinking the thermostat is stuck open.

Hummmm

Cichlid Jeans
01-09-2003, 08:36 AM
Reliable units, usually. I had a couple of heaters (not EJ's) fail when the attachment between the bi-metalic strip and the temperature selection rod broke. This is repairable, but I tossed them.

Given it's an EJ, I'm betting you can get it replaced or fixed on warranty.

chc
03-02-2003, 02:45 PM
Always a good idea to use two undersized heaters in combination so that neither one on its own could overheat the tank. If the temp climbs a little or drops a little you know there is a problem, but the fish don't suffer in the meantime.

More expensive, but much safer.

By the way, stick with the Ebo Jagers. They're clearly the best.

jnorris
03-02-2003, 07:28 PM
That is good advice. It heats the tank more evenly and keeps it at a more consistent temperature. You actually can hid the smaller heaters a little better behind the rocks as well.