PDA

View Full Version : Will ANYTHING get along with this little guy?

Lindzdb
01-07-2003, 03:59 PM
Hi, I have a Labidochromis maculicauda. He lives in a 55-gallon tank with only two other fish and is VERY territorial. He gets a long with the two plecys that I have (an 8-inch and a 3-inch), but he terrorizes any other new fish.

I'm new to aquariums, and would like to add to my tank. However, I have tried and failed miserably because Bart (that's his name) is a little punk. Any ideas for good types of fish to introduce that might stand up for themselves and and SURVIVE??? (Kinds, ages, sizes, etc.)

Thanks!
~Lindz

SGypsyMermaid
01-07-2003, 09:51 PM
Hi, I have a Labidochromis maculicauda. He lives in a 55-gallon tank with only two other fish and is VERY territorial. He gets a long with the two plecys that I have (an 8-inch and a 3-inch), but he terrorizes any other new fish.

I'm new to aquariums, and would like to add to my tank. However, I have tried and failed miserably because Bart (that's his name) is a little punk. Any ideas for good types of fish to introduce that might stand up for themselves and and SURVIVE??? (Kinds, ages, sizes, etc.)

Thanks!
~Lindz

what were the other types of fish that you tried to add? i would take him out of the tank for a couple of weeks(got a spare 10 gallon?), rearrange the rockwork, add the other fish, then return him to the tank after his cooling off period. another trick is to remove everything from the tank, add the new fish, and leave the tank bare for about a week, then return the decorations, but arrange them differently. if your fish is a typical lab, then you can add peacocks, or some other haps, rusties(iodotropheus sprengerae, gephyrochromis acei, astatotilapia latifasciata...