PDA

View Full Version : changin the tank

chbak014
12-29-2002, 04:59 PM
okay guys, i have blue gravel at the moment, and i want to change the gravel and tank around to make a more NATURAL environment for my chromides and severum. how should i go about doing this? im getting a 10 gallon tank also , to house the little suckers while i rearrange my bigger tank. also, what is a good substrate? i was lookin on
www.carib-sea.com and under freshwater gravels there is a substrate called "amazon" which i really like. how should i go about cycling the tank again? i really don't know how to do this or for how long. i want to do this the right way this time. so please help me out and guide me on how to do this whole process. thanks a bunch.
-charley

Rex Karr
01-04-2003, 11:57 PM
I'm not sure of the whole story, or whats going on exactly. But as far as the 2 questions I see.

Carib-Sea's natural gravels and sands are very nice. They make a black one called "Tahiti Ilse Moon Sand". Very nice as are all the others. Creek stones, and driftwood are also very good decorations. If your fish destroy live plants, I'Ve found the silk plants they sell in walmart are very good.

As far as cycleing,

http://faq.thekrib.com/begin-cycling.html

That should take care of it. If not, there are other websites I can post.