PDA

View Full Version : 12 gal and 30 long suggestions. Please!

Adiver
12-29-2002, 02:19 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm new to the board and aquariums and looking for advice. I have done weeks of reading and looking at pictures and I can't decide what cichlids to get. Here is my situation:

I have an established 12 gal Eclipse with a red tailed shark and two clown loaches. I just got a 30 gal long that I am currently cycling. I know that I want to breed Kribs. My question is, will the 12 gal be sufficient for the breeding pair of kribs with a few dithers (the shark and loaches moved to 30 gal) If it is, what would be some suggestions for the 30 L. I know it isn't huge, but I really don't want to use it just for a couple of fish. I would like to get a school of rainbows with a few cichlids. Would a few small Julis work out in that set up? I live in Arizona with hard water and high ph.

Any comments on what I was thinking, or new suggestions would be appreciated. I have been looking at this board for weeks, and I can tell this is the place for info! Thanks for everything.

Happy fishkeeping!

SGypsyMermaid
12-29-2002, 06:04 PM
hi adiver--i think that julies are a good choice for a 30 gal. as far as tankmates go, do you want to stick strictly with tanganyikan cichlids? or will you be considering cichlids from other lakes as well?

Adiver
12-29-2002, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the reply. I would consider cichlids from any of the lakes.

SGypsyMermaid
12-29-2002, 07:07 PM
what about shell-dwellers? like multifasciatus(tang.) or an aulonocara trio(malawi peacock)--they would occupy the upper reaches of the tank, and leave the rocks to the julies.