PDA

View Full Version : 2 or 3

seered247
07-20-2004, 12:22 PM
Heres the deal I have empty 29 tall. Im looking to put some tetras and a hopefully breed caucitudias (sp). the thing im wondering is should i go with one male and 2 females or just one female?i've heard that these lil' fish can get brutal when breeding.any advice is appreciated.

entombed
07-20-2004, 07:39 PM
seered247,
Are you refrring to Apistogramma cacatuoides? If so these guys are usually polygamous and would be good to keep 2 or 3 females to 1 male.

rsabatini
07-22-2004, 06:15 PM
the cockatoo dwarf cichlid reaches anywhere from 6-9cm,beautiful little cichlid,polgamous -ratio is about 1 male to 4 females(what a life,LOL)the dorsal fin on a mature male big and spikey like the cockatoo parrot hense the name dwarf COCKATOO cichlid,not overly aggressive as long as there is an adequate amount of plants and caves,I would go with the ratio that's 5 dwarf cichlids and a small scholl of neon tetra's(maybe a 3-6 count)take care and good luck.

seered247
07-22-2004, 10:55 PM
Ok well thanks for the help guys. Im going with a large male and 4 females. ( geez that must be nice,lol) and a school of 5 cardinal tetras. These guys are ok to have plants with correct? If so im going with java fern and java moss on everything lol. thanks again. I'll get pics once i set it up.