PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried this?

Neil N
12-29-2002, 04:54 AM
i was thinking (never good, it usually costs me money), my new jag hates the blackbelt i put him with so i'm scraping the idea of seting up a african tank for a while and housing my jag in the 125 i was going to use.

cos' ive got the time to do this properly (that sounds like i usually botch thing's but just usually in a rush), i was going to put tinted plexiglass across one back corner and put the heater and filter inlet/outlet behind it, making sure that there is adiquate water thruput, i've slept on it and cant see any drawbacks (aside from losing a little tankspace), but am i missing something?

what do you think?

p.s.the other day an american colleague of mine (from Argos, Indianna), saw a female colleague slip over on some ice, he went over to her and with a straight face asked her if she had bruised her fanny.....she slapped him silly, untill i told her that in America Fanny means something different, same general area, but different,

i still giggle now thinking about it?

i'm a sick puppy!

fish-eyed-fool
12-29-2002, 01:33 PM
This may be a stupid question:

Are you going to drill holes in the plexiglass to facilitate the flow-through? If so, I think it's a smashing idea. The only drawback I can see is that the filter may not be able to pick up large waste matter behind the plexiglass. Of course, I could be invisioning the setup all wrong.

The comment about the bruised fanny is quite funny.

jnorris
12-29-2002, 02:51 PM
It might effect water flow and prevent the filter and heater from bing optimal (Assuming I am envisioning what you are doing) You could also get a canister filter with the heater built in...

Then you would only have to deal with an intake and an outtake.

You could acheive this by doing a hang on overflow box and then a spray bar that is so high that it is hidden by your tank canopy (thats what I am currently doing in my 75 Gallon Tanganyikan tank with an 2126 Eheim canister filter with a built in 180 watt heater core).

The only thing I see is fish and rock and unfortunately a fat cat that refuses to refrain from sitting on my tank and harass my fish.

Who ever said cats don't like water is full of it....