PDA

View Full Version : my little buddys

oscar_pack
07-14-2004, 07:29 PM
ok, yesterday i went to the lfs and bought a blood parrot, blue acara, and a convict. i added them to my oscars tank. the oscar is only 3-3.5" in length, the bp 4" the con 3.5", and the acara 2". since i brought them home they seem to get on pretty well. but just a couple of minutes ago my oscar decided to be an @$$ hole and mess with the convict, NON-STOP!!! he's been messing with the con for going on 10 minutes.:twisted: is he just letting everyone know that he is top dog? or is it more serious than that.
btw, the oscar is not being "violent" hes just being an @$$. he chases, then lets up, then chases, then lip locks, etc.
p.s. the blood parrot seems to try to brake up the little chase sessions, and the acara watches its kinda funny.

thirty2cent
07-14-2004, 08:44 PM
well the oscar is showin everyone that he is the tank boss, unless the con thinks it too, there could possibly be a problem. But whenever this happens in my tank, its serious for a few days and then it will stop, and then it will start again, and then end, its kind of hard to say whats goin to happen in your tank in the mear future, but there will always be fights and power struggles, b/c they are cichlids. But it doesn't sound like nothin too bad yet, but somethin worse could happen in the future. I wouldn't worry about the con but worry more about the oscar. IMO

oscar_pack
07-14-2004, 11:39 PM
ok cool thanks man, ya the oscar stopped, the con got sick of being harassed i guess, she finally quit putting up with it and fought back, she won, hehe. i guess oscars bark is worse than there bight eh? the acara came up and kicked his ass after seeing him take a beating from the con. hes not hurt physically, just on the inside hehe. hes a wuss when it comes down to it. oh well he puts on a dam good show.

jennigypsy
07-15-2004, 08:10 AM
hey oscar- you didn't mention the size of your tank....

oscar_pack
07-15-2004, 10:54 AM
it is a 45g, serving as a growout for oscar, so the others will have it all to themselves once he leaves. btw a blue acara is s/c america?