PDA

View Full Version : plzzz give me ur input.i need ur opion o matter what

hittchris
12-26-2002, 08:25 PM
can i put 1 oscer and 2,convict,and 1 jewel in a 69 gallon tank and not have overcrowding or is tht to many fish,plzzzzzzzzzzzzz write me back with ur openion

jonah
12-26-2002, 09:56 PM
I think the oscar by itself or with a pleco is about as much fish as you can handle with 69g. Maybe an oscar and a single convict. You could probably keep a pair of convicts with a couple of firemouths, or maybe jacks. Jewels are African cichlids, so I wouldn't mix them, even though they have similar water requirements. That's just my personal preference.

I'm kind of rusty with American cichlids, so hopefully some of the other guys willl chime in soon.

hittchris
12-27-2002, 10:16 AM
do u think i could fit a green terror and a pair of convicts in the tank and could any other fish go with those if so plzzz tell me some cool fish that can handle themselve in this tank and that wont grow to big

Rex Karr
12-27-2002, 03:43 PM
Sounds to me like you don't know much about fish, and don't know what you want, but you just want some cool fish for your tank.

So first, a few questions. Do you have your tank yet? If so is it 55g or 69g? Do you know what the pH of your water is? Have you ever kept any fish before?

Answer these and we'll do our best to set you up with an aswome tank of fish.

Rex

hittchris
12-27-2002, 03:45 PM
i just got a used tank. i was gonna buy a 55 gallon but someone at the shope offered me a used 69 gallon for 50 bucks.

hittchris
12-27-2002, 03:51 PM
yes iv kept fish before.the ph is about 7.2 .some of the fish i want are a red devil,jack dempsey,green terror ,or convicts.i dont know wich ones to buy.but i really like red devils but i hear the really agressive.i migt buy a red devil and try to put a jack dempsey in wit it and see wht happens or i meight get a gt and a jack dempsey.im really confused on what to get.

Rudy
12-27-2002, 04:38 PM
hittchris,

I have a femal midas in a 55 wide and she tears through everything you put in there, or near her. She even kills plecos. She is by far my favorite fish but you won't get a jack to live in peace with any red devil in a 55, or 69. I almost guarantee that it will go well for a while if you purchase them small, but sooner or later the other fish will lose.

Sorry for the news. I second Rex on his opinion that they are the coolest fish, however unless you have something over 100 gallon don't do that to the other fish.

hittchris
12-27-2002, 05:29 PM
yeah i dont wanna see a fish die i will probly just buy one red devil.but is there any tankmate that can go with one in a 69 gallon tank